Thread: how much vitamin C to shampoo conditioner for lightening henna and henndigo?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    Pixie/Pixie/TB
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Default how much vitamin C to shampoo conditioner for lightening henna and henndigo?

Hello folks!

I'm trying to ease the demarcation line between my natural hair and my henndigo. I tried vitamin c powder today, and applied it mixed with shampoo to my hair. Well, I left it on 10 min, but it made my scalp feel very sore/slightly burning.....yikes!

So I washed it off, no harm done - I saw a LOT of colour in the wash water, which was heartening so I really would like this to work.......

I wondered just how much vitamin C to shampoo I should use? I have a feeling that I probably used too much, which might not help. Also, I may just need to keep this on the dark ends rather than my scalp.....

Any advice?
    Evie
    Lady Evye Guardian of the Natural Order in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!
    Taking a general break from the boards in 2012, but will be working on my blog......

Length
    JL/SL/TB
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/i/ii

Default Re: how much vitamin C to shampoo conditioner for lightening henna and henndigo?

Did you see a lightened effect? Maybe just use a little less. You could try oiling the scalp to protect it from too much of the powder.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    pixie/26/term
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Re: how much vitamin C to shampoo conditioner for lightening henna and henndigo?

When I was using this technique, I would grind up about 20 regular vitamin c tablets to a powder then add enough shampoo to make a smooth mix. I tried dandruff shampoo (recommended on most sites) and also John Frieda Go Blonder shampoo, it has lactic acid which lightens hair, and I think, from my experience, that it can boost the lightening effect. I read that you do 2 treatments back to back, for one hour each. But since 10 minutes gave you irritation, I'd not start out with that. I only noticed after my hair was dry that the color was a bit lighter, I envy the drama of actually seeing color rinsing out!

From most accounts, people see more dramatic lightening when using straight vit. c powder, but I couldn't find it anywhere conveniently. I found the best info overall on the hennapages forums.