Thread: flatmates hair disaster

Length
    17/47/--
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Default flatmates hair disaster

So I came home today to my flatmate telling me not to come into her room (I don't usually go into her room anyway, so I found it a bit unusual).
    She appeared eventually, upset because she had cut her hair, and she didn't like it.
    Her hair was around waist-length, probably i/ii thickness, and semi-straight/wavy. The other day, she cut a fringe in, and it looked really nice. But now, its barely shoulder-length, and rather choppy, and she's quite upset, since she thinks it looks boyish, and I'm so used to seeing her with long hair that I don't know what to say.
    If she had asked me to help her cut her hair beforehand (I cut my own) I would have left it around APL or so, with maybe a little layering below the shoulders. I don't know what to suggest to her to help - I've never dealt with hair any shorter than BSL. She can still do a ponytail, even if it is short and thin - I think she cut the ponytail from the way it sits. The only thing I can think of is to suggest she keep it up, since her fringe keeps the whole look nice when up, and since she is so upset by it being down.

How did you guys grow out of awkward growing-out stages?
    Lady Tigereye, Keeper of the Striped Shadows in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    SL/APL/Waist
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Default Re: flatmates hair disaster

When I had shoulder length hair I didn't really think of the length as awkward, but then again I had a nice cut (or at least, not a DIY-cut gone wrong). I found that I could do Feye's self trim method with a little bit of help though, so maybe you could help her do that to maybe even up the hemline a little bit? It'll probably get a little bit shorter though, but I think a shorter nicer cut is better than a longer cut when you're not happy to even wear it down.
    As for the layers, I don't know how they look right now so I don't have any advice on how to fix them. I do layers sometimes by putting a ponytail on top of my head (right on top of right by the hairline), but I'm not sure if that would fix her hair.
    If all else fails, just keep it up until it's long enough to be fixed. There's not much else you can do unfortunately
    I also cook! Check out my (dutch) cooking blog !

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Maybe tell her to keep it in a ponytail to go out, and make her way to a salon immediately so they can even it up for her. She either goes in and gets it fixed or has to pretty much wear it up day after day.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    16"/TBL/TBL
    Type
    1a/M/ii

If you trimmed the choppy bits, would it look better?
    Lady Rose of the Angels in the Order Of The Long Haired Knights