Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Griveing my DD's hair :(

Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Default Re: Griveing my DD's hair :(

My 4 year old daughter also just got cut from waist to apl at her request. i wasn't thrilled, but it is important to me that it is the way she wants it. On the plus side, it is much easier to comb now!
    What you find irresistable is what you choose not to resist.

Length
    2"/22.5"/30+
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

i don't have kids, but i would be sad to see hair like that cut too. however, it's good that you allowed her to make her own hair choices. i was never allowed to have long hair as a kid (pageboy and bangs all the way) and i'm still bitter about it. it was always a huge source of conflict between me and my mother. part of it is that my mother still thinks she has the right to tell me exactly how to wear my hair (pageboy and bangs)...and i'm 30+

Length
    18?/24/27
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Every time I had to chop a cute little girls beautiful amazing hair off I wanted to die a little bit
    It was what they wanted though!

When I was 6 years old I got my first bob ever and it was the most amazing thing in the world. I felt so awesome! I was skipping down the street with my mom flipping it up in the air

I understand your thoughts totally! At least she loves it though. That is the best part.
    Taking an LHC break.

Length
    TERM/CHIN/SHLDR
    Type
    1c/C/iii

I'd be grieving it, too. It's good that you respect her autonomy. I think that she will grow it out again in time.

Length
    26/31/36
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii/iii

Thank you all She has woken up today still very happy with it, which is all that matters. Somehow she looks younger, I thought she wold look older!!

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I know what you mean. My daughter's hair was about tailbone length and beautiful, but she started talking about how much she liked cute, bouncy ponytails. Then one weekend she went away for a slumber party and came back with choppy shoulder-length hair (the other girls cut it). Ouch! But she was sooooooooooo happy with it.

Length
    27"/35"/38"
    Type
    2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post
    I know what you mean. My daughter's hair was about tailbone length and beautiful, but she started talking about how much she liked cute, bouncy ponytails. Then one weekend she went away for a slumber party and came back with choppy shoulder-length hair (the other girls cut it). Ouch! But she was sooooooooooo happy with it.
    I think I would die if I were you. At least she was happy though

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I totally get where your DD is coming from. When I was 10/11 years old, I went through the same thing, only I went from classic to pageboy length, and regretted it the next day. There's nothing to panic about, she didn't go all drastic on you. It could have been much worse. As long as she's happy with it, that's really the only thing that counts. From this point she's only going to grow older, and as she grows older, she will make more and more decisions independently of what you'd like to see happen.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    20/20/35
    Type
    1b/F/ii

i agree with everyone that it's good to let your daughter make decisions about her own body, but on the other hand, it's ok for you to have your feelings about it. i know it's hair and it will grow back, but i cringed as i was reading your original post.
    Starting over, again.
    /20/20.5/21/21.5/22/22.5/23/23.5/24/24.5/25/25.5/26/26.5/27/27.5/28/28.5/29/29.5/30/30.5/31/31.5/32/32.5/33/33.5/34/34.5/35/35.5/36

Length
    26/31/36
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii/iii

Aw thanks Micayla. Spidermom, I would have been less than impressed with that!

sidenote - I have just realised I mistyped "grieving" - I can spell lol just not type