2b/F/ii/iii

Default Hair in your laundry... and vacuum... and shower... and everywhere

How do you manage with your shed hairs?

I feel like a cat sometimes

Length
    Sl/WL/Term
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Default Re: Hair in your laundry... and vacuum... and shower... and everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by samanthaj08 View Post
    How do you manage with your shed hairs?

I feel like a cat sometimes
    I know, right? I found a hair stuck in my husband's beard last night. I also keep finding little wads of it in the shower, and I went NW/SO a month ago! I keep cleaning the shower, so how is it getting there?

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/58.5/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

For the shower the mesh screens that fit down into the drain are marvelous. I have not had to clean the drain in the last two years after switching to that.

For the vacuum, a seam ripper used in sewing allows you to cut and remove the hairs on the roller without taking the blasted thing apart and with least danger to yourself.

When the weather permits, I detangle in the garden. Birds are free to use my shed hairs and they don't end up inside. When it is too cold, hot, wet, or mosquito infested I comb inside and after every couple passes with the comb I use my free hand to check for any loose hairs sticking out the bottom and when some come away (carefully) these and any hairs caught by the comb are placed in a trash bin that lives on top of my vanity. Comb and repeat. When I am done combing I check my clothes for shed hairs, some fabrics attract them more than others. I do not have carpets so I can also do a quick sweep with my fingers of the floor around where I was standing.

Wearing hair up or otherwise contained keeps shed from ending up in strange places quite as much.

You are still going to find the occasional hair in an odd place, but much less so unless you wear it down frequently. In my family we tease my mom who has very thick distinctive long red hair about finding her hair in strange place. "Curiosity landed on Mars, and you know what she found? A Mama hair!"

58.5 in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

Tries to Help Everyone jacqueline101's Avatar
    Length
    slh/Hip/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/iii

I just learned to live with it.

http://51303.photobucket.com/user/ja...ker101/profile
    Some say I'm nearing hip and my fat ate the hair I'm jacqueline101 not a pronoun
    jacquelinewalker101.blogspot.com

Length
    Buzz/Calf/Class

I feel like the longer my hair gets, the more I realize and find more sheds. I want long hair so this is the price I pay, and it's so worth it!

Length
    27"/35"/38"
    Type
    2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by neko_kawaii View Post
    For the shower the mesh screens that fit down into the drain are marvelous. I have not had to clean the drain in the last two years after switching to that.

For the vacuum, a seam ripper used in sewing allows you to cut and remove the hairs on the roller without taking the blasted thing apart and with least danger to yourself.

When the weather permits, I detangle in the garden. Birds are free to use my shed hairs and they don't end up inside. When it is too cold, hot, wet, or mosquito infested I comb inside and after every couple passes with the comb I use my free hand to check for any loose hairs sticking out the bottom and when some come away (carefully) these and any hairs caught by the comb are placed in a trash bin that lives on top of my vanity. Comb and repeat. When I am done combing I check my clothes for shed hairs, some fabrics attract them more than others. I do not have carpets so I can also do a quick sweep with my fingers of the floor around where I was standing.

Wearing hair up or otherwise contained keeps shed from ending up in strange places quite as much.

You are still going to find the occasional hair in an odd place, but much less so unless you wear it down frequently. In my family we tease my mom who has very thick distinctive long red hair about finding her hair in strange place. "Curiosity landed on Mars, and you know what she found? A Mama hair!"
    Ahhh. I love you

Length
    18/Cl/Term
    Type
    2c/M/ii

I manage by keeping my hair bunned or braided all the time to contain the sheds. I have one spot in the house where I detangle, and I gather up any shed hair straight after. I also regularly inspect my clothes to pick off any strays. Even so, my hair still ends up everywhere.

Length
    Sl/WL/Term
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Seam ripper... YES! genius.

Length
    BSL/CL/Knee
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

I've posted this story before...
    My former husband is a tie-dyer. His method uses many, many small stitches to create the resist. The pattern was design, stitch, soak, dye, wash, remove stitches, dry item.
    On more than one occasion we would remove the thread, pull and nothing would happen, the fabric stayed in the tight pleats.
    A second pull and we'd hear a POP and some pleats would open and we would find my shed hair in the stitches.
    Join a declutter challenge http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...d.php?t=141272

Nevertheless, she persisted.

The Pusuit Of Hippieness Natalia's Avatar
    Length
    L-BSL/CLSC/Mid-T
    Type
    1b/F/ii

My shedding is pretty confined since i comb in bed in the morning and then its put up and not touched again till i shower. I do find a few wads in the laundry that get caught up in my flece pj's and my microfiber sheets. I keep a dedicated mini trash can by the bed so the chances of missing it are reduced before that id find hairballs all over since theyd catch on socks and pant legs.