Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hair in your laundry... and vacuum... and shower... and everywhere

Type
    2a/M/C/ii

Default Re: Hair in your laundry... and vacuum... and shower... and everywhere

I always get hair in my laundry and it's so annoying! I found that they usually stick to socks, sweaters (on the inside), and towels...towels/washcloths are extra annoying because when you go to dry yourself off it's kind of gross (even though you know it's your own hair) to have all this hair on you after you shower.

Current:
    43" Goal: 45"
    Starting: MBL l WL l HIP l BCL l TBL l 1st Goal: CLl 2nd Goal: FTL

Length
    17/47/--
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I find shed hair everywhere. I have my hair up all the time, and have done for years. It didn't used to be as bad when I had a wooden floor in my bedroom (where I would detangling and style my hair) but my new room has a carpet, and my flatmate also has long hair that gets everywhere since she wears it down. The main difference though is that she doesn't know how to deal with the sheds before they start causing trouble. I'm emptying the shower mesh constantly, and our hair recently killed our vacuum cleaner. Usually I clear it out after every use, but I was away for a month, and when I got back the brush on it was blocked up and stopped moving - my flatmate had never heard of taking the hair out the Hoover-brush, and by the time I did it, the belt had already gone.
    Usually in my room, I find a brush to be a better solution. I take the floor-brush to my carpet to pick up most of the hairs, then bin the hair and hoover properly.
    I do hate the laundry- balls though. It seems my hair gets everywhere, especially if I wash my bedding or my jumpers.
    Lady Tigereye, Keeper of the Striped Shadows in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    buzz/APL/WL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/i/ii

my sheds drive my SO crazy. He manages to find them everywhere. I try to keep them under control, clean the shower out, and vacuum/enjo my bathroom floor (white tiles make it very obvious) etc. but they end up everywhere. He jokes he could make a wig out of them for himself (unfortunately he is bald).

Quote Originally Posted by rowie View Post
    I feel like the longer my hair gets, the more I realize and find more sheds. I want long hair so this is the price I pay, and it's so worth it!
    this. but it's getting quite annoying that sheds that fall to my floor get attached to my chair's wheels and then eventually break the wheels

Type
    1c/2a/M/i

I hate shed hairs. Mine, yours- if I find them I freak out lol. Mine don't end up in the shower, but they end up everywhere in my bedroom, especially my bed. I also have this black fleece jacket I have been wearing all winter and it's like a hair magnet, which drives me crazy because the blonde hairs are so visible on the dark fabric Argh, they drive me crazy!

Length
    32/32/44
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

When I go home to visit I'm not allowed to wear my hair down, and I have to brush over a trashcan. I shed like crazy and my mom hates it. I live alone otherwise so I am not all that cautious about my sheds. >.>

I do have to drain-o my drain in my tub every few months even though I've recently gotten better about catching sheds and sticking them on my wall to throw out later. My tub has one of those pop-up drains and for some frickin' reason no one has thought to invent a hair catching doo-dad that compensates for those. I live in an apartment so I don't want to try to figure out how to remove that feature.
    Last edited by Mandie; February 16th, 2013 at 10:10 AM.

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

We just deal. I recently replaced the pop-up drain in our shower. Now we have a plug for baths and one of those wire mesh thingies for the shower. It's so much easier to wipe my hair out of that than unplug the drain with hemostats, and that wad of hair always smelled so bad - like sewage! I recently had to take the vacuum cleaner beater bar apart to get the hair off it because I've been having a monstrous shed. It's good as new now.

I notice there are certainly items in my laundry that seem to attract the hair, so while I'm folding, I'm pulling hair off of socks and sweatshirts.

I'd still be shedding if my hair were much shorter, I'm pretty sure. It just wouldn't be as noticeable.

Type
    2a/C/iii

Hair in your laundry... and vacuum... and shower... and everywhere

This sounds like a typical day in the life of a longhair.
    Ed
    If there's something strange with your long hair / Who you gonna call? / L-H-C! (sung to the tune of Ghostbusters)

I'd rather be outside browneyedsusan's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/TBL/???
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Hmm...

Can't say as I've dealt with this before.....

henna keeps it
    red, and red makes me happy.
    Pixied for 15+ years and liked it.
    Growing for fun.

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/58.5/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Mandie View Post
    When I go home to visit I'm not allowed to wear my hair down, and I have to brush over a trashcan. I shed like crazy and my mom hates it. I live alone otherwise so I am not all that cautious about my sheds. >.>

I do have to drain-o my drain in my tub every few months even though I've recently gotten better about catching sheds and sticking them on my wall to throw out later. My tub has one of those pop-up drains and for some frickin' reason no one has thought to invent a hair catching doo-dad that compensates for those. I live in an apartment so I don't want to try to figure out how to remove that feature.
    Ours just unscrewed. Easy peasy. (I don't know if all models are that easy.) Bought a strainer and a rubber plug and we keep the part we removed in the bathroom so we can't misplace it.

58.5 in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*