Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you ever changed your hair goal?

Length
    3"/CBL/MBL
    Type
    3b/3c/F/M/ii

Question Have you ever changed your hair goal?

If you have changed your hair goal, was it a longer length or a shorter length? What was your reason? I'm thinking of changing my goal from Waist to Mid-Back Length because I get so many tangles and I spend around 2 hours detangling shoulder length hair.
    "Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself...that is coffee."
    ~Godot

Length
    22 in/29 in/35
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Have you ever changed your hair goal?

My goal was waist and I am hovering there now. After I spend some time here to thicken my ends. I think I would like hip length. Mine does not tangle very much. I got up yesterday morning and didn't comb my hair at all. It looked great right outta bed. Finally combed before bed. Just a couple small tangles at neckline.

Length
    Chin/APL+/?
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Heh, I have done that a few times lately. My original goal was hip, as I have always have a dream of having hip-length hair. It is just such a beautiful length, and I want to have it at least once in my life. My goal right now is BSL, but that might be more of a mini-goal. I think I will finally feel it is long when I hit that length, so I am really looking forward to it!

However, I am toying with the idea of growing to terminal. It would be fun to see how long it can grow. There is a few problems though.

1) The most common length here is MBL at most, but most girls wear it even shorter. I am afraid that if I grow to terminal, people will think I am wired. (which I may be, but I don't have to make it that obvious. )
    2) I am not sure I will be able to take care of it - I can barely handle it at APL+, so how could I possibly handle it at an even longer length, lol.
    3) As I am studying to be a physiotherapist, some parts of the job may be very difficult to do with really long hair.
    Just a small selection of hairstyles I have done
    My Brand-new blog: http://hairdiarydash.blog.com
    Password: LHC

Tries to Help Everyone jacqueline101's Avatar
    Length
    slh/Hip/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/iii

I'm aiming for tail bone. I haven't changed it yet but if it becomes impossible I might grow to waist.

http://51303.photobucket.com/user/ja...ker101/profile
    Some say I'm nearing hip and my fat ate the hair I'm jacqueline101 not a pronoun
    jacquelinewalker101.blogspot.com

First of all I wanted to get my hair to my waist, which I think I now have done, BUT I'm thinking I'll need about 3 - 4" cut off the ends as they're a bit thin and wispy, and I do like to see long hair that's nice and thick right to the ends.

Once I've got the bottom length of my hair all nice and thick and even, I want to be able to sit on the ends and for this to be obvious to the public too.

Length
    buzz/chin/waist
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I began growing when I was at APL, and to me waist seemed soooooooo long, so that was my initial goal. Then I decided my goal should be TBL. Then I decided - well - maybe I should see how it looks when I get to hip since my hair is so fine. So now my ultimate goal is hip length with completely virgin hair, which will take a while. lol. For now, my goal is to get to hip with as thick a hemline as I can get.
    current length: chin/bob growing out undercut | first goal length: BSL

Length
    bsl/elbow/n/a
    Type
    1c/F/ii

My goals don't usually fit in the goal box since they're not strictly length goals. My primary all the time goal is to have hair that's comfortable for me. Since I have really fine really dry hair, it's tangle prone and split end prone. I've had detangling take over 8 hours at BSL. That is pretty much the opposite of comfortable for me, so normally my hair is kept contained in some way that keeps tangling to a minimum so I don't go on crying jags and chop off my hair because of the tangles. (the bout of 8 hour detangling was after being sick and in bed with my hair loose for a couple days straight... it was just the cherry on top of a sundae of suck... so since then I've been more proactive about putting my hair into containment if I'm getting sick or I know I won't be able to deal)

When I first got here, I had a mini-goal of waist length hair since I was at BSL, and had been at BSL a lot, but I'd never had waist length hair. That was pretty easy to hit. A related goal was to not panic chop my hair because I hadn't worked out what works for me at waist, and that was a lot harder. I trimmed a lot over the past year to keep my hair close to waist while I adapted to the longer length.

My next mini-goal was to have hair that touches my butt. I'm not exactly sure what I mean by this even . Currently my hair can just brush the top tho and I am pretty happy with the length. Goal achieved maybe? *shrugs*

As my hair has gotten longer, I've been enjoying having my single and twin braids creeping around my head. I have feeling that the right place to stop growing is about when my single braid wraps the whole way around my head. Again, somewhat vague goal, but for most women that's somewhere in the tailbone to classic range. Could I grow longer? Probably. But given that I bike a lot and my bike is my car, there are concerns besides just length. And I really do *like* being able to fit buns under my helmet while still having a good fit...

I don't think a plain and simple length goal would be very satisfying for me. My hair and I sort of have a deal... I let it grow like a weed coz it's good at that, and I'm not mean to it, and in return it doesn't try to ruin my life. My hair is totally capable of trying to ruin my life at pixie with tangles and splits, so I'm not going to risk it getting the idea that I just want one thing.

Sure! I've started at wanting to get it to shoulder blades, when it got there I wanted my hair to my lower back, and now that's it's quite past that I just don't want my hair to stop! but I guess it would be nice to have it to my knees/ankles

Length
    ?/20.1/?
    Type
    2c/F/i/ii

I change it all the time... One day I think BSL will be enough, the other I dream of hip length and sometimes I even play with the idea of getting to classic. The only consistent goal I have is to keep it as healthy as possible, and never value length over health. I'd much rather have nice and healthy-looking hair at APL, than dry and broken hair at waist.

Length
    Chin/APL/BSL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Oh yeah. Several times!

My first goal was APL. Then it was one length, virgin BSL. Then I realized that my fine hair looks terrible one length, so I got some layers and bangs. I will NEVER be without those two things again. I decided that I wasn't going to trim until BSL, but guess what? My hair looked awful without occasional trims. I still kind of think I want to be BSL, but at this point I'm trimming my hair as needed to cut off heat damage/splits. I'll probably get to BSL sometime in the next few months, but I'm not in a rush. I just want my hair to be healthy and look good. Most of all, I want to enjoy my hair at every length.

I have kept my goal of not coloring my hair. I thought I hated my hair color, but I actually kind of like it (dark, dark brown that gets more of an auburn tint towards the ends, and quite a bit of silver mixed in!). I never use a curling iron or a flat iron, but I do blow my hair dry once a week or so.