Thread: Pantothenic acid (Vit. B5) for acne

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    APL/&#914/WL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Default Pantothenic acid (Vit. B5) for acne

Hello everyone! I've recently been searching online about the possitive effects of high dosages of pantothenic acid (vitamin B5) on acne. Apparently it's supposed to act in a similar way as Accutane, but with far less side-effects, which are not permanent since it's a water-soluble vitamin. I'm really interested in trying it out, but I'd also like to see if anyone else here has tried it and what they think about it. Is there any particular brand that you'd recommend?

Length
    18?/24/27
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Default Re: Pantothenic acid (Vit. B5) for acne

I would go to the local natural store here and buy it :] Only because I prefer to buy any vitamins or supplements there. As for specific brand, sorry don't have anything.

I think its a great idea for you to try it out! I have known a few girls on accutane in school and it was just not good. Shed come back from lunch beet red in the face just from a TINY bit of sun exposure, and could not get waxed because of the thin skin. Just based on everything else they said it didn't sound worth it at all.

I wonder if it would be harmful or beneficial to make some sort of mask out of the vitamins??
    Let us know how it goes if you do try it, even though it might take some time to notice the effects.
    Taking an LHC break.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    APL/&#914/WL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Pantothenic acid (Vit. B5) for acne

I first want to consult my natural doctor, but I am getting very excited to try this. From what I've heard, it's also an ingredient in many cosmetic products, so perhaps it would be beneficial as a mask, as well. Though to be honest, if I spent money on a supplement, I'd prefer to use it in a way that would give me maximum results, which is taking it internally. :P