Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Have you ever changed your hair goal?

Length
    12 in/40 in/40 in
    Type
    2b/M/C/iii

Default Re: Have you ever changed your hair goal?

This is such an interesting thread to read!
    Before I came here, I never had a goal length. I just wanted my hair to grow and be healthy. I trimmed when I felt like it, my inicial length was a short bob so any grow seemed long compared to that.
    Now when I found this lovely site I saw all the length definitions and asked myself 'what I'm aiming for?'. My hair was brushing waist so I decided Classic was the ideal. Why? It's longer than most people's hair, but it seems manageable still. I'm at hip+ now.
    About the tangles, it's was basically the same at every length for me. Braiding overnight made a HUGE difference, as well as a silky scarf I use over my pillowcase.

Length
    15/34/37
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

When I first came here my goal was waist but it didn't take me more than a month to change it to hip and another month to change it to tailbone. And for the last 1,5 years it has stayed at tailbone.

Length
    12/29.5/31
    Type
    2a/F/ii

When I first started to think seriously about growing my hair I had somewhere in the APL-BSL length in mind. After joining LHC that quickly changed to WSL. After some time it changed again to hip and recently I'm thinking that TBL might be even nicer...

I'm not even at APL yet and have a lot of bleach/damage to cut out so it's going to be some time yet before I need to actually decide where I want to stop growing.
    Avatar picture taken on the 1st May 2012, length=17".

Length
    12/CL/52
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

I don't know that I even have a goal anymore. I came here with waist length hair. I wanted tail bone. I made it there, got bored, and stopped looking at my hair. I wear it up every single day (for years and years now) so I don't really look at it. The other day I did, and I was surprised to find I am brushing classic now. It's kind of a pain to comb and such but once it's combed and up it is fine. I don't have a specific goal other than make sure it looks healthy. I hate the look of thin at the ends, so if I get there I'll chop to get rid of that, otherwise I guess it's just doing it's thing up there and we'll see how long it goes before I can't stand it.

Hair in Sunlight

Kindness consists of loving people more than they deserve.