Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever changed your hair goal?

Finding Best Hair Length! LadyLongLocks's Avatar
    Length
    36"/72"/knee
    Type
    1a/1b/M/iii

Default Re: Have you ever changed your hair goal?

My original goal was knee and 56" but when I reached it I decided to grow to 60".I wanted to say I once had 5ft long hair. Then I continued a little longer to 69". I am at my limit now.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaria View Post
    If you have changed your hair goal, was it a longer length or a shorter length? What was your reason? I'm thinking of changing my goal from Waist to Mid-Back Length because I get so many tangles and I spend around 2 hours detangling shoulder length hair.
    I changed my hair goal constantly when I was between chin and BSL, while my true goal was classic length. Why? Because it was so short and in awkward stages all the time. But that all changed once I got past BSL, then I went straight for the classic length I had as a young teen.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    14"/32"/39"
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

When I first joined LHC about a year ago, I thought for a while that I wanted to grow to terminal--my mom had thigh-length hair in the 70's, and I wanted to see if I could get that long or longer. Lately I've been thinking I might not want to go past tailbone or so. I like to wear it down a lot, and it seems like this wouldn't be as practical past TBL or CL... I would sit on it! Plus, honestly I do want people to be able to see my butt if I'm wearing tight pants. I think it would be really cute to be at TBL and have my butt peeking out from under my hair. Sorry if that's TMI!

My current mini-goal is waist. That's the longest it's ever been, when I was a kid. I don't think I'll really be happy with my hair until it's at waist. But I'm pretty sure I'll be super thrilled about it as soon as it gets past hip! Then I'll be like Katara from Avatar: TLA.
    Dedicated to a free, natural, interconnected, regenerative lifestyle of curiosity & adventure
    Finally at Waist... with a few hairs, anyway. Slowly snipping now!

Evil, not Bad Moderator (SB) trolleypup's Avatar
    Length
    52"/62"/77" *
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by truepeacenik View Post
    Ha! I'm on one of those sites we don't want finding us, and there are, indeed, several long hair groups.
    Goal length came up and one person wrote that she wanted to be able to pull her hair between her legs and have it reach her chin.
    I've yet to measure what that would be on me, but I sooooooo want to do that.

Yes, I'm goofy.

Now, thinking about it, my hair is at pinky length, when wet. To have it come up and touch my chin would be about three more feet. Which would be dragging the ground.

Now....my navel is possible.....
    The real question is how many LHCers immediated had to check.

Umm. That would be almost exactly 6'...another 21 inches.

One inch away from BBTLW.

2b-2a/C/iii 61"/155cm/growing fitfully longer
    LJ - Blog
    Unless specified otherwise, I am speaking as a member, not a moderator

Type
    2a/2b/M/i/ii

I had ankle length once and decided, while that was fun, and watching people walk into light poles as I went by was pretty funny, I didn't much enjoy that length. I couldn't do much of anything with it and was being given wonderful hair toys by my family that I couldn't possibly use with the bulk. Not that I had [I]that[I] much bulk as my hair is rather thin. I therefor cut my hair to knee and that gave me some more freedom with my hair to play with.
    I've loved my knee length hair but after about eight years of this length I asked my Mother for my typical two- three inch trim and a few family members came with her. I don't have a full body mirror so I have no idea what my hair really looks like from behind. Can only guess at it. I asked them for their honest opinion on my hair. They all agreed that the last few inches were dead and needed to go but that while the rest of my hair was healthy, it would look better if I cut it to just below my bum.
    I just want to say that my family likes long hair and are supportive of my extreme length so they were in no way pressuring me to chop. I decided that if so many people thought the same thing that they must be right and so, as of this Monday, have classic length hair. After a day or two of panic when I woke up to find that my hair was gone, I've decided that I like this length. I can wear it down much more often then I could before without worry. I also have a wealth of hair toys that I've never worn that I think I can now play with!
    I'm lucky that my hair grows super fast so I can always have my knee length back in a year or two, if I want it. And I'll have a fresh new healthy start.

Length
    26.5"/46.5"/...."
    Type
    2a/2b/C/ii/iii

Hip seemed like a dream when i first came here. Now i'm there, i don't feel like stopping. Rebellion against my short hair family , gens curiosity, more buns available to me as the length gains, henna addiction?
    I'm enjoying the journey anyway.

Length
    26.5"/46.5"/...."
    Type
    2a/2b/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Latte Lady View Post
    I had ankle length once and decided, while that was fun, and watching people walk into light poles as I went by was pretty funny,
    This did make me laugh.

Type
    2a/2b/M/i/ii

True though! That length isn't seen every day and I'd probably hurt myself spinning around to watch someone go by if I saw it. The only reason I hung on to that length for as long as I did was because no one I knew had ever had it. I didn't really enjoy it beyond that.

Length
    waist/sl/none
    Type
    2c/M/C/i

I have changed my goal several times. Once I hit my goal, I hang out there for a bit, and decide if I want to get a little longer. My last goal is fingertip.
    Change is the only constant.

Length
    13"/waist/long
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

My original goal was waist. I realized before BSL that I would want longer than waist. Now that I'm almost at hip, the plan is to keep growing it until it gets too annoying. When that day comes, I'll re-evaluate what I want to do with it.
    Lady Morelia, Caretaker of the Unknown Beasts in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.