Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you ever changed your hair goal?

Length
    17.5"/36"/37"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Default Re: Have you ever changed your hair goal?

I thought it was firmly at *waist* but now I'm thinking I'd like *waist* when I pull it to the front, which I ~think~ might be about hip/tailbone in back

I'm still working on when to cut out the old dyed hair...I'll work on length goals after that's all gone
    2015: 7" growth~~~2016: 5" growth
    Jan. 1, 2017: 36"
    hoping for virgin tailbone Summer, 2017

Type
    3a/M/C/ii

Every time I have reached a goal, I set a new one.
    I should have never cut my hair! Growing again.
    http://images43.fotki.com/v1329/photos/0/1803120/9931107/4512comp-vi.jpg

Evil, not Bad Moderator (SB) trolleypup's Avatar
    Length
    52"/62"/77" *
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

I've never really had a goal besides "longer"...at least since my last major (bad) haircut, and even that was a frustration cut.

"Longer" remained my goal during my years long stall that I thought was terminal.

I was already past BSL when it first even occurred to me to think about how long I might want it.

2b-2a/C/iii 61"/155cm/growing fitfully longer
    LJ - Blog
    Unless specified otherwise, I am speaking as a member, not a moderator

Length
    ?/50/50
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

My first goal length was 50", I reached that a year ago. Then I decided to maintain and thicken up the ends. Now they are getting pretty thick (compared to what they were like), so my new goal is 54", which is a bit past knee when wet and about knee when I stand straight and my hair has bun or braid waves.
    But I'm sure that in a couple of years I'll cut back to classic or tailbone because it's already very uncomfortable to wear my hair down.
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=4250&attachmentid=1969

I have wanted tailbone since l joined here. I was bsl then, and a skip and hop away from tailbone now!!!!

Length
    Chin/APL/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/iii

My first goal was waist. Now, in my growth spurt I'm almost at BSL. I dream about hip length or a V hemline at tailbone would be lovely! I don't think I would go past tailbone. I'm not sure though... Perhaps I'll stick to waist.
    *Chin length* --> *Shoulder length* --> *Arm pit length* --> *Bra strap length* -->*Waist length* and beyond...

Length
    BSL/BCL/TBL
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

I'm at midback now and I always wanted waist without thinking about it too much. Now I really, really want lower back/hips. I just don't want to sit on it!

Length
    18/Cl/Term
    Type
    2c/M/ii

My goal is tailbone, and I'm almost there. I've toyed with the idea of letting it grow longer than that - I'm honestly curious what my terminal length would be. However, I'd rather spend a year or two at TBL thickening my ends, and then reassess.

Type
    3a/M/ii

I kind of always knew I wanted long hair... I thought hip would be long enough. It's starting to look short now.

Having joined LHC, my goal has changed like this: "I want hip!" => "Well, BCL is looking nice..." => "Tailbone! Because 'Butt-crack length' just sounds ugly'" => "Classic is so romantic..." => "Well, let's just wait and see."

My longest layer is at hip when wet, but I won't be there dry for a while yet, so I have all the time in the world to decide. I think I'll see what length I like when I get there. I'm honestly lusting after TBL+ now. Maybe I'll be curious enough to push to terminal, just to see where that is.

My goal is "long." I'll figure it out when I get there!

Length
    13-15/29/32-40
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

My minimum goal has always been waist-length waves, which would be around hip or tailbone with my usual not-quite-wavy texture, but I'm constantly hovering between "LET'S GET CLASSIC-LENGTH WAVES" or "Maybe just hip or tailbone-length waves? That's still eye-catching." Hence why everything past waist-length waves are listed as "optional" in my sig.

Occasionally an errant thought of "I'm five feet tall, let's see what my terminal length is" creeps in.

However, I would leave the ultimate length to three things: "Keeping it healthy," "What I'm willing to put up with," and "Not a safety hazard." Seeing as I'm studying theater, there are a LOT of bad scenarios on how my hair can accidentally get caught in something backstage. Or ON stage.
    Last edited by Sharysa; February 15th, 2013 at 01:13 PM.
    Length: Hip-length waves (May 2014) || Optional: TBL - Classic

Lady Ursa, Daughter of the Sea, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.