Thread: Logging out, but not really logging out??

Length
    18?/24/27
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Default Logging out, but not really logging out??

So lately on here, I will log out on my computer, then in the morning come to the site only to find that I am still logged in?

I even wait for the confirmation page how it says something like "Thank you for logging out, all cookies cleared"

Mostly...I feel like a total creep. I don't want it to look like I am on LHC 24/7 because I am not.

Any ideas why this is happening?
    I can't really make any connections in my mind that this would have anything to do with the server still upgrading.
    Taking an LHC break.

Length
    18?/24/27
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Default Re: Logging out, but not really logging out??

Seriously is there any word on this?

I was logged out for SEVERAL days..and come back to the site and I am still logged in after logging out...????

240 views but no idea? :/
    Taking an LHC break.

Type
    2a/C/iii

Despite the message, your browser may not be clearing the cookies. Try clearing them manually.

The cookies staying around isn't a real problem unless the computer you are using is also used by others.
    Ed
    If there's something strange with your long hair / Who you gonna call? / L-H-C! (sung to the tune of Ghostbusters)

Length
    <2"/~clsc/uhh..
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by EdG View Post
    Despite the message, your browser may not be clearing the cookies. Try clearing them manually.

The cookies staying around isn't a real problem unless the computer you are using is also used by others.
    Ed
    This would be my take on it as well. It could be that whatever script the site is trying to do to get your browser to clear the cookies may not be functioning, or your browser may not be handling the process. It's worth a go to try it manually to see if that solves your issue.

Length
    18?/24/27
    Type
    1a/M/ii

I will definitely do that more often. I need to anyway

I just hate to be logged on here for that long. It seems that before the upgrade sometimes we would get a "server too busy" when there were many many people logged in...I am not sure if it is an issue so much anymore since the upgrade but I wouldn't want to take up space for someone else to log in.
    Taking an LHC break.

Type
    2a/C/iii

I wouldn't worry. Staying logged in but idle is not consuming any resources on the server.
    Ed
    If there's something strange with your long hair / Who you gonna call? / L-H-C! (sung to the tune of Ghostbusters)

Type
    3a/3b/F/iii

I think many members don't log out, so don't worry about that. I don't think I've ever logged out myself, lol, although sometimes the system will log me out.