Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How long does it take from your hair to get dry after wash when you air dry it?

Default How long does it take from your hair to get dry after wash when you air dry it?

My hair has always been thin and dry and has therefore dried quickly. Nowadays it anyway seems to take ages to get dry, half a day or something... I don't know if it has something to do with natural hair care.

But back to the question! 😉

Type
    2a/C/iii

Default Re: How long does it take from your hair to get dry after wash when you air dry it?

Drying time is affected by temperature and air flow. It can vary from 30 minutes to several hours.

You can speed up drying by separating the strands with a comb so that air can circulate. A fan can dramatically speed up drying.
    Ed
    If there's something strange with your long hair / Who you gonna call? / L-H-C! (sung to the tune of Ghostbusters)

Length
    BSL/floor/floor
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

Default Re: How long does it take from your hair to get dry after wash when you air dry it?

Hours and hours, even just from scalp to APL (without sitting in front of a fan or going outside). That's why I use a blow dryer at least partially.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Priska View Post
    My hair has always been thin and dry and has therefore dried quickly. Nowadays it anyway seems to take ages to get dry, half a day or something... I don't know if it has something to do with natural hair care.

But back to the question! ��
    Maybe try (know you are not exactly asking for advice) to clarify your hair. Always the first thing to go to in case of issues.

Mine towel dries 10-30 minutes, air dries max. 5H and then I diffuse for 5 minutes: dry. I can spread this out very easily as it's a Sunday, a not-need-to-go-places day, so it's fine and actually kind of refreshing with this hot weather!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    APL/WL/HL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Around 3-5 hours, depending on air and temperature.

Length
    Bald/Pixie/Term

Mines really short lol so it probably takes 30 mins to an hour

Length
    Shave/Mid t/Knee
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

Mine usually takes most of the day to dry, anything between 6-8hrs ,that's why I'm thinking of buying a hairdryer.

Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

APL here...in the summer, a couple of hours.
    Last winter even with short hair, it can take all day!

Learn more. Know less. foreveryours's Avatar
    Length
    ./72"/KNEE+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Used to be less than half hour. But with the cooler temperatures and higher humidity we have now, it takes longer. I don't know anymore. I don't wait for it. I'm usually asleep by then
    scalp > SL > MBL > TBL > FTL > KNEE > KNEE+

Length
    0.5"/27"/???
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Minimum a couple of hours in the blastingly hot summer, at the moment the better part of a day to be fully dry - mostly dry in a few hours but the deeper bits stay damp for a good long while. I tend to hit it with a blowdryer more often these days, just at the scalp, particularly the back of my hair which is super dense and takes forever to dry naturally.

If I do what some do and put it up in a braid or bun whilst still damp it won't dry over the course of a full working day. The other week I washed my hair at night, slept on it towel dried, woke up with damp hair and didn't have the time to blowdry. Put it up for work and when I got home, it was still damp. Not ideal to keep hair wet that long when it comes to damage.

To add to lapushka's point about clarifying; I had a clarifying shampoo once that seemed to separate all my strands so well that it dried in about an hour. Really weird but really convenient.
    Last trim 20th Jun 2023.
    Buzz-SL[17"]-APL[20"]- BSL[25"]-WL[28"]-HL[31"]-TBL[34"]-CL[38"]
    Buzz 2018- 35"/TBL 2023