Thread: Does your scalp/hair crave Henna?

Length
    12.5/19/32 in
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Default Does your scalp/hair crave Henna?

Okay, I am wondering if I am the only one who without fail, has a scalp that specifically request henna be done once a month. It's not because of regrowth. It that my scalp liertally gets itchy, greasy, flakey, needs to be washed daily and is just not happy around the 30 days post henna mark. After henna, it's happy, healthy and not bothersome at ALL. So the only remedy seems to be to henna again!

I hadn't had this issue, or rather didn't pay enough attention until about 6-9 months ago. I used to henna only 4-6 times a year and I've been monthly since August now per my scalp's request lol

Have I spoiled my hair and made it into a tantrum giving mess when it doesn't see henna in a while? lol How about you...does anyone else HAVE to henna for mere good behavior from your scalp or hair??

I know Henna is wonderful medicine for the scalp so perhaps it's effects last about a month, medicinally speaking?? No idea the real science, all I know is I never thought I'de be so addicted to henna to do it monthly lol
    ~~Just Reached APL!!..Goal is *TBL*....on my way~~

Length
    Apl/Bsl+/Waist
    Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: Does your scalp/hair crave Henna?

I've noticed this too....but thank God for me any ayurvedic powder (cassia, amla, bhrami, etc)fixes it. I usually have to do one of these once every 3 weeks or so if not my scalp gets horribly flaky and itchy. If you are afraid of over-hennaing I suggest you branch out with the powders you use. These all do the job (when it comes to scalp issues) because they all have some anti-bacterial properties that help the scalp.
    SL-APL-BSL-MBL-WAIST-HIP
    **Almost there!!!**

Length
    birth/CLASS/long
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Yep me too,my scalp craves it and so does my hair. Without a henna treatment my hair and scalp are screaming for it to come back lol.

Length
    30,7/31,5/35
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii/iii

Yeah, it does! Either for henna or neem oil. Trying to cut down on neem oil though, because it's not so good to use in the long term. Just found out that the absolutely lovely hair oil I bought in India (made out of 100% coconut oil and indian herbs including amla and henna, smelling wonderfully of coconut...) contains neem oil too.
    Last edited by paisley; February 9th, 2013 at 03:05 PM.
    PLUR

made of sugar and cyanide MandyBeth's Avatar
    Length
    6"?/17"/.....
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

Total opposite!

My scalp isn't overly fond of ANYTHING on for an extended time. Even distilled water for two hours has issues. I just get tension headaches, so I leave the henna indigo mix for two hours, then indigo for two hours. Add the second indigo day (two rounds at two hours each) the next day.

Henna makes my hair insanely bratty. But, it's protein sensitive, so henna is all but guaranteed to cause a tantrum. Add in eight hours soaking in mud, yeah.

But, I want 1N black and can't use PPD. So my hair can pout all it wants. If it wants to fight going black, it has to deal.

Length
    Buzz/Calf/Class

OMG this is me!!!! Only my scalp will let me know when I need to henna. My scalp will start to flake off and i'll get lots of itching. It won't stop until I do the henna, fortunately I can get away with at least 3 months or more before I need to do henna again. This is the pattern I see with my scalp. Plus I don't get color value, just health benefits.

Length
    APL/Hip+/BCL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I haven't really done henna long enough to confirm anything, but I think that my hair actually grows faster the month after application! Nothing certain established yet, but it would be nice if it was true. And it's not only a visual trick, since I actually measured the growth at my roots every month. I'm now only on my second henna application (3 months after the first) so future will tell if it's true!
    Also my scalp does seem calmer and happier right after henna. Me too, actually. Love henna! <3
    Currently at: 34,5" ~ Forever trimming away thin ends ~ Next Goal: 35" BCL
    Hennahead | SLS & 'Cone Free | Grainiac

Length
    26"/31"/tb cl
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii

my scalp itches too lately, although i do henna every 3 weeks i havent paid attention if that has an impact on it.
    but as i will do henna this week i will pay more attention this time and report back if it has an effect.
    but i can say one thing, my hair my soul my body my skin my scalp grave henna, everytime i do henna i feel i am doing something really good and soothing and spiritual for my whole being, its weird but its almost like soul cleansing hair and body rehabilitating dunno know what, very strange

Quote Originally Posted by alyaziaaah View Post
    but i can say one thing, my hair my soul my body my skin my scalp grave henna, everytime i do henna i feel i am doing something really good and soothing and spiritual for my whole being, its weird but its almost like soul cleansing hair and body rehabilitating dunno know what, very strange
    I feel the same way!

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    pixie/26/term
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Try ACV rinses, they work wonders for all sorts of scalp issues! Also try it internally, just a teaspoon or so in a cup of water, and work up to a tablespoon, it is MAGIC!