Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Please help me diagnose my hair

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: Please help me diagnose my hair

Good information. So I think I'm going to stand by my earlier assessment of checking tools and the condition of stretched hair

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
    Perhaps.

I think I hair that has too much protein would probably snap off clean, as it'd be brittle and wouldn't stretch far, so then, yes, it'd make sense that hair that was protein deficient would be more prone to this longer elastic/plastic range effect before it breaks.

There are other causes for curled hairs too. For instance, a sharp comb can also curl hairs like this (like the edge of a scissors curling a Christmas ribbon), and I know that's happened to me when I have gotten a new comb and then later find there's a spot that's sharp and needs sanding.

So I think my recommendation would be that if you're seeing a high amount of curled hairs to check for seams and sharp/rough edges on all styling tools, and then do the test for moisture/protein with the hair in a dish of water (hell if I can find the link).

Also, taking a shed hair and stretching it would be a good test. Then wetting a second hair and stretching it.

I'm sorry for my blathering, I hope there was sense in there somewhere.

If you find the link of how to test your hair in a dish of water please send it my way!!!

Type
    2a/M/C/ii

Ok, so it isn't obvious! Now I feel less dopey

Thanks for the feedback; lots to assimilate. But I like that. You guys are great!

Hennared