Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is Hair Rebonding Safe For me??

Type
    2a/M/i/ii

Default Re: Is Hair Rebonding Safe For me??

Thank You so much for your advice guys

Type
    2a/M/i/ii

So can you advice me that how can i turn my Dry hairs into manageable and silky hairs. Waiting for your replies.

Length
    23/39/40
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

seeing that you're a curly, with dry hair, and probably using different products to manage it, i'd suggest first getting rid of all that stuff. i was in the same boat as you, so i'll tell you what i did.

first, clarify. get rid of all that gunk.

check out the SMT treatment, here... i just did conditioner and honey because i couldn't get my grubby little paws on any aloe gel.

then finish off with an ACV rinse (diluted apple cider vinegar)

i'll occasionally do a protein treatment, such as hask's henna n' placenta.

this has done wonders for my hair. it really tamed it down, and while it still has some curly texture, it is soft, silky and shiny.

i hope this helps. good luck
    Last edited by Bene; August 28th, 2008 at 01:30 AM.

Length
    15 in/20 in/TB
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

What's your hair routine? Do you shampoo everyday? Do you use a shampoo with sulfates? If so, sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium laureth sulfate, or something else? If you do use a sulfate shampoo, you could switch to a sulfate-free alternative or use a less harsh sulfate, like laureth.

Also, you could try cutting back on how often you shampoo. Just rinse you hair with water and put some conditioner on your ends when you shower. My mom has dry hair and she only shampoos once a week, and her hair never looks dirty. You may want to cut back gradually, and let your scalp realize that it doesn't need to produce enough oil because you're not washing your hair as often.

Cut back on heat styling or cut it out all together. This is can make such a huge difference! Don't blow dry your hair unless you really have to, and certainly don't use curling or flat irons on a regular basis.

You might also want to try conditioner only cleansing. I'm not a co girl, so I'm not the right one to ask here, but I'll bet someone else will post about that. Otherwise, there are several co threads in this site.

Hope that helps! From your pic, it looks like you're starting out with beautiful hair already. Best of luck!

Length
    22/33/hip33
    Type
    1c/M/ii

When I want to knock out the wave in my hair I condish it more and then after it is about half way dry (natural drying, no blow dryers or fans they make my hair dry to fast for this) and then I comb my hair and put a towel on the couch and lay on my hair until it is dry. This leaves my hair without any wave as I sqwashed it out with my back.

This can take a while so I do this while taking a nap.
    Lady Kalulu of the Greenbower Dales in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    13"/13"/25"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I say don't do it. As a hairdresser, I see people who do or have done this procedure & it is damaging & can be very damaging if it's not done properly. I vote no

Julie

Type
    2a/M/i/ii

thank you Julie. I will definitely take your opinion into consideration.

Type
    2a/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by young&reckless View Post
    When I want to knock out the wave in my hair I condish it more and then after it is about half way dry (natural drying, no blow dryers or fans they make my hair dry to fast for this) and then I comb my hair and put a towel on the couch and lay on my hair until it is dry. This leaves my hair without any wave as I sqwashed it out with my back.

This can take a while so I do this while taking a nap.
    Thank you for the wonderful tip. I will surely try this.

Type
    2a/M/i/ii

thank you ladyshannonanne for your cool advice. I have dry hairs so i shampoo only once a week and i use laureth sulphate shampoo and rich moisturizing conditioner. But still that is not making much difference to my hair, could you suggest me any home-remedies to improve my hair texture? Waiting for your reply.

Type
    2a/M/i/ii

Thank you for your wonderful tip Bene. But i have never heard SMT treatment before, could you please give me more detail about this treatment? Waiting for your reply.