Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Ever thought of cutting your long hair?

Length
    Buzz/Calf/Class

Default Re: Ever thought of cutting your long hair?

I don't ever want to go through the first initial stages of the awkward stages of a buzz cut! Ughhhh what a nightmare cause I hated my hair and wore a bandanna for a whole year. So phew to cutting hair!

Huge Tolkien Nerd! Long_hair_bear's Avatar
    Length
    bob/41.25/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Though, my hair sometimes drives me nuts, I wouldn't consider cutting it again. I've made such progress in a year (7" growth ftw!) and remember my burning regret the last time I cut it to shoulder. I don't pretend to have the world's loveliest hair, but this Becky Bear type elf won't be cutting her hair again any time soon. It takes WAY too long to regrow!

“Some of the worst mistakes in my life were haircuts." - Jim Morrison
    "But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her." 1 Corinthians 11:15
    *UNICORN* Looking for Maxima Diamond Two toned Amethyst in Large

Every now and then I think of it, since I got a fair bit of breakage, and also have several inches of old colour-treated ends that get very dry. But it's not very noticeable (according to DBF), and I love my long hair, so I keep it. I know if I cut it I would regret it so much!

Type
    1a/C/ii/iii

I would also add that prior to cutting my hair, it would always be tangle-y or get in the way when I was getting intimate with DBF, yielding some rather ... awkward... moments.

Since then, I've been taking better care of it and my hair is also much healthier so I don't regret it one bit.

Length
    SL/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

I'd end up having it in a ponytail all the time anyway--so what's the difference between SL hair in a ponytail, and waist/hip hair in a bun? At least with the bun I can wear fun hairsticks.
    This is what I always think. I think short styles look better on me when they're loose, but I'm uncomfortable with my hair loose, so I may as well have something more interesting than a 2-inch pony stub.

Shoulder - APL -
    BSL+ - Waist
    Growing again!

I think I'm at a point where even just trimming like half an inch of my hair is too scary for me, I just love my hair that much

AA shame though that i'll have to shave it off next year :/
    Last edited by yoni; February 20th, 2013 at 08:47 AM.

Length
    chin/apl+/elbow
    Type
    1b/M/ii

So.many.times. I just want to get up and hack it all off to shoulder length. I know I'll regret it though if once again I do something to my hair before it gets where I want it, so I just suppress my urges
    shoulder - apl - bsl - WAIST - elbow
    Calaelen rocks my socks

Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

I had a pixie when I was very young and it looked cute, though I don't remember it. I have pictures. I never went pixie again, but when I was in High School I had a bob. I didn't like that either, haha.

One year I had it cut chin length in the summer and them my hubby and I went to Busch Gardens Williamsburg. It was about as hot as the surface of the sun and I could not get all my hair up no matter what I did. I continuously had hair on my neck and I felt like I was melting. It was then I kind of flipped out at the park and vowed never to have hair that short again.

So far so good.

Recently (last autumn) I cut off a goodly part of damaged hair. I went from BSL to just passed shoulder. I'm growing out highlights. My hair's been darkend since then and so the mild highlights are a dark honey color and look ombre dyed. Anyway, I look like Ina Garten with this stinking hair cut (She's a chef on foodnetwork.)

It's longer now, but my goal is elbow length.

All the forays into short hair for me have been very disappointing, so it'll not happen again. No one pressured me to get any of these cuts, mind you and all my friends have always been supportive of my hair and goals. It was my mom who never liked it when I cut my hair. She was a long hair herself.

Length
    5/28/36
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i

I've actually had nightmares about my hair getting cut. I haven't even trimmed for more than a year, and I've I've taken the "No Trims, 2013 challenge" So my plan is not to cut it at all if I have to.

I get pressured sometimes about the length of my hair. People with no imagination and too many opinions seem to think I should have short hair so I look "sharp" I have a simple, one word response for them:

Grumpy Cat added for emphasis, because that's the look I give them! Never let anybody tell you to cut your hair. They don't have to live with it that way, you do!

Length
    bsl/elbow/n/a
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by purplehippo View Post
    So, when do ya'll decide to cut your long hair shorter?
    Basically, as long as my hair is APL or longer, I find it livable. I've been every length from pixie to BSL multiple times as an adult, and I generally find short cuts to be high maintenance and not much fun. Fine, fast growing and floaty does not combine well with short About the one short cut I am willing to redo is a chin length flapper style bob, but it tends to wind up looking pretty bland and boring on me. It'll also grow out to APL or so in around a year :P

For the last two years I've been experimenting with longer than BSL. Somewhere in the waist to hip range, my hair stops floating so much that it serves as a ninja self defense field, so it becomes somewhat tolerable to wear it down.

I've never really been pressured to vary my hairstyles. I have a few easy ones that look good on me and suit me, and I swap among them on a near daily basis. Most people think I do a lot better at varying my look with long hair rather than short.