Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: raw egg yolk?

Length
    2"/24"/80"
    Type
    1b/M/i/ii

Default raw egg yolk?

i have heard that raw egg yolk massaged into hair helps hairgrowth because the protein of da egg gets in to your hair follicles or summit? has anyone tried this? i was curious, i was considering testing it myself?

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    neck/frtp+/??
    Type
    2b/2c/C/iii

Default Re: raw egg yolk?

I doubt it'll be for growth maybe protien. I use egg yolks in my hair length but I never noticed any growth when using them. I mainly use egg whites on my scalp with oils and it does my hair lots of good that way.

Doesn't it have something to do with protein and sulfur? Not sure if it makes your hair grow faster but I do remember that sulfur once a week was part of the original MN treatment that Aine posted about, (now an archived thread)

Length
    Pixie/APL/waist
    Type
    1c/F/M/i/ii

Protein on the outside doesnt make hair grow (eat them for that!) but the sulfur in eggs promotes hair growth (so does garlic)
    Once you place a candle in the dark, you can't deny the light. . Once you give to man that candle, you give his mind the power of flight. - Myself.
    Lady Seyllea, Oracle of Time and Becoming in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

I am not shure about the growth factor, but its an emulgator so it should clean hair- I tried it a few times if you do not rinse your hair too hot the effect is great...

Length
    ?/55.5/term
    Type
    1a/M/ii/iii

Don't know about helping your hair, but it helps my acne on my face! I can imagine one's scalp would be very healthy with regular applications of egg yolk.

~Haley
    Poodle Greeting Cards and Calligraphy - my Shop
    Personal Blog
    original goal: 54" knee length ~~ revised goal: terminal

Length
    28/tlb/tlb
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii

In addition to being a protein and sulfur treatment, they make a good shampoo for dryer hair, keep the egg whites in too for oilier hair.

Sulfur prevents fungal growth that may slow down hair growth.

Indian Herb Article Wstern Herb Article 2b/C/ii/iii .
    Lady Aes Cyprium, Potionmaker and Alchemist to the Order of the Long Haired Knights

hi, i'm a believer in egg yolk for hair growth, applied to hair.
    but some types of hair don't like it.
    good luck

Length
    27"/33"/50"
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

My friend Erin has abused the hell out of her bob-length hair (bleached it to white over and over in order to dye it reinbow colours) and it was STILL absolutely amazing quality - she swore by whisked eggwhites and vinegar rinses...not both at once!

Length
    12"/25"/48"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Wink Re: raw egg yolk?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Protein on the outside doesnt make hair grow (eat them for that!) but the sulfur in eggs promotes hair growth (so does garlic)
    I must agree with Kirin. Putting raw yolk on the scalp to promote hair growth is questionable, but eating eggs will make your hair grow. At least it does for me but of course everybody is different. You could give it a try if there are no medical reasons for you not to.

Garlic juice applied to the scalp has properties that will both cleanse and stimulate new growth. Please don't ask me if this works though because I've never tried it. Garlic is too stinky to wear in my hair and the odorless garlic shampoos everybody advertises are loaded with SLS. Again, I think I'd EAT garlic before I'd wear it.