Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sleeping with Wet Hair

Type
    1c/C/iii

Default Re: Sleeping with Wet Hair

My hair is at its best when I wash it, plop it and go to bed. Lovely and soft in the morning with glorious waves.
    Amo, amas, amat, amodimethicone, ammonium laureth sulphate....I'm feeling the love .

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Sometimes, in the summer, I'll sleep with my hair wet. But not often. I can't say I wake up with dirty hair, or greasy hair, like you say. It's still wet though, when I wake up. Bummer. I'd rather have it blowdried, actually.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    29"/32"/TLB
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

I used to sleep with wet hair all the time, but as it's gotten longer it's become really...ugly...when I wake up. Maybe it's because I also just let it flop around and don't tie it up, but it is a frizzy poofy mess if I go to bed with it even a little bit damp. Plus sometimes it's still wet when I wake up. It used to smooth itself out as I slept, but not anymore. Plus I just can't stand the wet pillow feeling anymore, so it's probably for the best.

Length
    pixie/BSL/???
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

I have exactly the same problem! When I sleep with wet hair, it still looks/feels wet when I wake up the next morning. Only it isn't wet, it's just that greasy!! Also very frizzy and basically a disaster, ugh.

pixie. bob. chin length. shoulder. collarbone. APL. BSL. Waist?
    My hair journal! & My portfolio

Length
    CHN/APL/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

I only wash my hair probably 6-7 days, so when I wake up and it is still pretty damp, it doesn't look greasy until day 4 or 5 usually.

Length
    SL/CL+/WL+
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

My hair is almost always wet when I go to sleep and almost always fine when I wake up...I don't have much choice but to sleep with wet hair, I have to wash it due to work (cutting oil, yuck!) and I work nights. I don't blowdry, so I sleep with it wet.

I usually sleep with it loose, or a ponytail on top of my head.

Shoulder--APL--BSL--Waist--Tailbone+
    Disc bun tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1YzsZ_s-U4

Length
    16.5/30/40+!
    Type
    2a/F/iii

For me it depends. If I sleep with wet hair loose, it's awful in the morning. It feels overly dried and the texture is all wrong. But if I sleep in a damp bun, my hair feels ridiculously moisturized in the morning. When I wash my hair, it's usually at night and so I sleep with a damp bun quite often. Sometimes the hair around my face loosens and kinks strangely, even to the point where I've had comments about it, buuuuuut that could easily be fixed with getting it damp. If I cared.

The Pusuit Of Hippieness Natalia's Avatar
    Length
    L-BSL/CLSC/Mid-T
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I go straight from shower to bed. My hair fares pretty well its mostly straight but has a few natural kinks so sleeping on it doesnt really cause many more. If i dont shower at all i wake up with a greasy scalp and sticky spots but if i shower and dont wash it (basicaly just expose it to steam) and leave it up in a bun its delightful and soft and springy. I dont do it often though because the pollen and junk it in drives me allergies into overdrive. So bottom line the most practical route to happy hair shower and go to bed. When ive ashed it before going out its a tangly kinked wreck it seems to need to be left alone and still when drying.

Type
    3a/M/ii

My hair is a disaster when I sleep with it wet. It wasn't always like this -- I'd wake up to gorgeous curls after going to bed with wet hair -- but I don't know what changed. Now if I go to bed with wet hair my hair is still very damp in the morning -- ten to twelve hours after my shower. If I go to bed with slightly damp hair, it's better. But at school I don't usually have much time for my hair so go to bed with wet hair and throw it in an updo for the day.
    You cannot prevent the birds of sadness from passing over your head, but you can prevent their making a nest in your hair.

I always shower just before bed, so when I wash it I go to be with wet hair.
    I just comb it with a wide toothed comb, and then lay it out behind me on the pillow when i go to bed. Strangely my hair always has soft waves after this.