Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you get compliments by men on your long hair?

Length
    58 in/43 in/43 in
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Default Re: Do you get compliments by men on your long hair?

I have had a hadful of comments by men on my hair. Most of them casual and nice. One man in particular made a comment that started with "your husband must really like your hair..."; not something that he should of said to an acquaintance. I also had one man who saw me at the gym (young man, works there), he was getting a drink at the fountain and almost choked after he saw my braid. "WOW; I didn't realize your hair was so long. Very pretty". I thanked him and I now make it a point to have my hair up at the gym.
    Most ladies are nice, nobody really mean.

Length
    Pixie/Class/???
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by rock007junkie View Post
    Don't know if it's so much of a compliment as it is just genuine surprise. Most of the time my hair is bunned or braided so when I wear it down I usually get the repeated "Wow, your hair has gotten so long" comments
    Me too. I get this practically on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by millyaulait View Post
    I do indeed! I'm only BSL but I guess in non-LHC land that is long.

I get lovely compliments mostly from men, but 'you should cut that!' comments from most ladies.
    THIS. I never understood that. I get compliments from my guy friends all of the time, just yesterday I was just leaning over and my best guy friend said my long hair was so beautiful and to never cut it. One time I took out my bun after wearing it all day with very, very unwashed hair, so it was poofy on the bottom and flat and greasy on the top, and he said I had "beach goddess hair" xD

But from all my girl friends, except older ladies like my grandma, all I get is comments on how it's too long and I need to cut it and my ends look like crap and blah blah blah...legit, one of my best friends told me "your ends look like crap and you need a haircut." ??? I didn't realize I had to style my hair to perfection so as to avoid offending my female peers...

Pixie BSLMBL WL HL BCL TBL CL??????????
    semi-hiatus, computer is broken

Evil, not Bad Moderator (SB) trolleypup's Avatar
    Length
    52"/62"/77" *
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by MORE View Post
    Genius. I have to test this the next time. I actually often don't compliment people I don't know just because of that awkwardness that usually occurred when I did. I often get too shy to ask long hairs about anything, anyway, but I do want to tell them that their hair is looking great!

The drive by, though, is a fantastic idea! In that way it would be a super nice complement that obviously didn't mean anything else than that the person liked my hair.
    Hard to go wrong with "Great Hair!" or something equally simple so you don't stumble over saying something fancy.

2b-2a/C/iii 61"/155cm/growing fitfully longer
    LJ - Blog
    Unless specified otherwise, I am speaking as a member, not a moderator

Took an arrow in the knee Alaia's Avatar
    Length
    APL/~TB/Knee!
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

Most of the compliments I have had have been from gay men. Straight guys either don't notice or don't admire it/me enough to comment. To be fair I probably give off a "don't talk to me" vibe.

Anyhoo most comments I have had are either factual "it's so long!" Or nice.
    Lady Aineldiel of the Three-Fated Path in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    BSL - Waist - Hip - BCL - TB - Classic - Fingertip - Knee!

If it's a stranger with long hair, who is late 40s, or in 50s, then I feel comfortable about offering a compliment.

Length
    BSL/Waist/Knee
    Type
    2a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by trolleypup View Post
    Hard to go wrong with "Great Hair!" or something equally simple so you don't stumble over saying something fancy.
    True. I'm prepared now, won't let another long hair pass without trying the drive-by.
    The sun is the same in a relative way

Length
    8 in/41/45 +
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii/iii

I see mos guys here don't feel comfortable complimenting hair IRL, makes me wonder if the men who compliment mine have ulterior motives...

I feel so naive .

Lady Ligeia of the Wandering Oleander in the order of the Long Hair Knights

Quote Originally Posted by leslissocool View Post
    I see mos guys here don't feel comfortable complimenting hair IRL, makes me wonder if the men who compliment mine have ulterior motives...

I feel so naive .
    Maybe they complimented you just to try and cheer you up? Last year, two work colleagues did something with their hair. One bobbed her mid-back hair and the other one dyed her APL hair with henna. Everyone complimented the colleague with the bob whilst three days passed before the other colleague received a compliment - from meeeeee APL-colleague is super-shy, like me, so I thought maybe she would appreciate the comment, and she did. I got a smile

Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I get compliments on my hair colour and also my upstyles (both men and women). I almost never wear my hair down in public so there is some curiosity amongst people as to how long it actually is Of course my husband loves my hair long

LHC member for 17 years and ALWAYS learning!.....♥ Currently growing out silver again

Length
    2/34/34
    Type
    1a/M/ii/iii

I get comments quite a bit from men, noting how long my hair is, usually (appreciatively). I'm glad to see others appreciate it as much as I do.

As far as comments from women... they are usually appreciative as well... almost awe comments that I've had the patience to grow it so long. They probably don't suggest I cut it because the convo usually goes like this:

Random girl/woman: "Wow, your hair is really long"

Me: "yeah, I adore it! It's taken like 15 years to grow out from a 2 inch cut from my childhood."

I don't think anyone wants to touch that with comments about how I should cut my hair haha...
    Last edited by theemeraldskull; February 13th, 2013 at 10:25 PM.
    Lady Tatiana of Painted Fields in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.
    Recent Henna Head
    ~*~ Artist at http://joannamarieart.com ~*~
    Check out my Patreon!