Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you get compliments by men on your long hair?

Length
    <apl/hip/BCL
    Type
    1a/F/iii

Default Re: Do you get compliments by men on your long hair?

A lot of men here in the office have complimented me on my hair. No ulterior motives, they are all very nice guys, happy with wife and children.

There is a woman though, who thinks my hair is disgusting, she mispoke one time. She didn't mean it personally though.
    DUTCH or FLEMISH speaking?
    www.hairfairforum.be

Length
    SL/APL/WL

I try not to let any men see my hair length, ever. I have weird trust issues when it comes to the male population and I don't know what I think hiding my hair away from them will do but it's one of those things that are a must for me right now. I feel so very uncomfortable if I'm sitting on my couch with my hair down and my mother's husband comes through the door.

Length
    Pixie/tbone/Term
    Type
    2a/C/iii

I don''t get very many, except from this one guy at the Vitamin Store, I was being Audrey Hepburn for a day, and he made a comment about the realistic Breakfast at Tiffany's updo. I haven't worn my hair down when I'm not washing for a long time.

Length
    WL/TBL/FTL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/iii

I used to work at a gas station. I also used to wear my hair down as I worked. I put it up after I kept getting leered at and my hair commented on by creepy men. So, most of my hair comments have been creepy and unwelcome, unfortunately. Though I did get some very nice comments from women.

Length
    ??/Waist/???
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

A lot actually! But argentinian men are known for being big flatterers
    Last edited by BrendaLoan; September 17th, 2013 at 07:59 PM.

Length
    waist/TBL/??

10-15 years ago, when I was in my 30's (and wore my hair down or in a braid or braids all the time) I got compliments from both men I didn't know and men I did know. Rapunzel was a popular one. When I was doing my Medieval / fantasy type braids I got Guinevere once (that was really nice!) and a little girl called me Princess Jasmine when I had it down in one thick braid. Many women complimented it back then as well on the thickness and length (hip length). I did have one friend who kept saying how nice it would look in a longish bob. (How boring)

These days it's not quite as thick as it once was (but still thicker than average) or quite as long (back to waist after a few unnecessary cuts over the past several years). I tend to wear it up in a claw clip all the time now, but when it is down I get mostly compliments from women (friends and workmates). A few men and women from ethnic backgrounds where long hair on women is admired have given me compliments (Indian and Pakistani).

My area manager at work (male) said I looked like a geisha girl recently (awkward!) and my hair was up in a claw clip and I was wearing red lipstick (a rarity).

Length
    BSL/Clssc/Thigh
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

I don't get any compliments from men, only from women :P
    2c/3a M iii (5.9'' circumference), medium porosity, high elasticity. BSL~MBL~Waist~Hip~BCL~TBL~Classic~Mid-thigh

Length
    12/30/42
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii/iii

Yeah, actually quite a bit. There was this one time though that this guy wouldn't leave me alone and he said he wanted to me to cut my hair off and sell it to him. o.0 It was very odd.

Length
    10/25/35
    Type
    1a/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamkitty View Post
    Sorry I should have titled "compliments by men".

Anyway Im just wondering since men like long hair on women and they notice it more.

I had a compliment by a person who I worked with who was a guy and said my hair was long and thick. And then he started talking about his mums hair lol And my dad likes long hair too, when I was a child I kept it short and he prefers long hair on my mum me and my sister.

But my cousin keeps saying why don't I cut my hair and make it short?

So do you get compliment from men, whether it is your husband or strangers?
    I am a man and explain you my point of view:

I like long haired women but it doesn't matter if a woman is not attractive for me, then I will prefer long hair for my wife when I get married, especially if I have met her with long hair. If I have any daughter, I will prefer they wear long hair because I like them to look beautiful and I sometimes like braiding.

When I was younger, I complained a lot of times about my cousin's long hair, but she isn't the woman I think about when I am talk about women. In the other hand, I often complained about her hair because my mother didn't allow me to wear long hair, so it makes me see a rivalry between ourselves, then I prefered her to wear short hair.

I have never complained about a coworker's hair and if a female coworker that wears a healthy long hair had asked me for a suggestion, I would have told her not to have a haircut longer than a centimetre.

Type
    2a/F/i

Usually just my boyfriend! He was the one who wanted me to grow it out long. I always told him I couldn't because my hair was to thin, so now That I've agreed to grow it out he tells me he loves it every day. I'm glad he encouraged me to grow it, because I love it!

BSL: Made it!Off to Waist!