Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Darken Hair Without Dye? How Can I Darken My Bleach Blonde hair without dye?

Account Closed by Member Request

Question Darken Hair Without Dye? How Can I Darken My Bleach Blonde hair without dye?

Is there any ways to darken bleached blonde hair (even slightly) to match it so I have less of a contrast with my brown regrowth? I bought a brunette conditioner with cinnamon and cocoa beans extract but it didn't do anything. I heard of the coffee rinse but I just know my hair will be dried by it since it gets dry so easily. any suggestions at all? even just the make the blonde look less... bright and attention grabbing? thank you.

Length
    chin/ftl/45
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Darken Hair Without Dye? How Can I Darken My Bleach Blonde hair without dye?

Maybe some kind of tea rinse would help. I'm sorry I don't have better advice.
    Am I indecisive?

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Darken Hair Without Dye? How Can I Darken My Bleach Blonde hair without dye?

You could have a hair stylist add toner. That's what my DD has been doing.

Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Aveda's color depositing shampoos and conditioners are stronger than most. Have you tried those?

Length
    SL/FTL/FTL
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I would say tea or coffee. To keep it from drying out, add some of whatever oil you like best. I like coconut or almond oil. I think almond oil is a little lighter.
    Also, I've noticed that the apple cider vinegar rinses I do are bringing out some red tones in my hair, and it's helping to even out the dye line from growing out bleached hair. I also did honey treatments on the roots, and that brought out some highlights, breaking up the line as well.

Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

I used to use Aveda Clove color conditioner on my hair when it was its natural color (medium-ish blonde) It was pretty successful in making my hair look brown, but I had to make sure it was all completely covered, or it went patchy. It's pretty expensive though, and i don't know if it would work well on bleached hair.
    I don't remember it making my hair feel any drier than usual. If you found something like that that did work for you for the color, but made your hair feel too dry, how about using a spray-on leave in to finish (or an oil I suppose, but my hair doesn't like oil!)

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post
    You could have a hair stylist add toner. That's what my DD has been doing.
    Is there different kind of toners out there? I only know of the purple/blue/violet-ish toner that turns orange/yellow hair whiter (I used them in the form of a purple shampoo last summer) but I never heard of any other kind of toner. what kind of toner should i ask for when inquiring in a salon? is there a certain colour to it etc.?

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Apparently. My daughter's natural hair color is a mid-to-dark golden blonde, and she had a lot of highlighting done, then decided to grow it out. Our stylist used what she called a "toner" to darken the shade of the highlighting so that it blends more with the natural color. It has to be redone every couple of months.

Ooh I think ill investigate that cause I don't think toners cost as much as lowlights or dying and are way less damaging I think, thanks ^^ I just hope the result isn't orange blonde but dark blonde instead :P

Can't keep away, it seems Unofficial_Rose's Avatar
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Another idea is Goldwell's Color Styling Mousse. You just apply it like a normal mousse and it tones down highlights. The darkest shade they have is 5N, it's a neutral brown. There's also 7G Hazelnut which tones highlights to a light golden brown. I am a brunette with highlights that I like to tone down inbetween colouring visits, can you tell? The Goldwell washes right out and doesn't make the hair stiff and crunchy like some mousse can.

I'd also second Aveda Clove, but the shampoo more than the conditioner (in my experience, yours may vary). You get a pretty honey-brown on pale blonde highlights.
    Last edited by Unofficial_Rose; December 23rd, 2012 at 11:39 AM.