Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Darken Hair Without Dye? How Can I Darken My Bleach Blonde hair without dye?

Length
    30.5/34/34
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Default Re: Darken Hair Without Dye? How Can I Darken My Bleach Blonde hair without dye?

Quote Originally Posted by RavenBaby View Post
    Did the garnier dye darken by much? did it damage your hair much? have you considered dying the bleached parts again only with a warm brown dye?
    Yes the Garnier dye darkened my hair slightly. I'd say the colour guide on the box is a true representation! Did it cause damage? All peroxide/ammonia products do some damage but if I wanted to fix the colour of my hair again, I wouldn't hesitate to use this one again. I wouldn't use a warm brown dye because I still want blonde hair (just not so damn platinum).

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Default Re: Darken Hair Without Dye? How Can I Darken My Bleach Blonde hair without dye?

Quote Originally Posted by RavenBaby View Post
    I need honest opinions, like harsh ones. Is it totally completely stupid and ugly if I just let my medium ash-y brown roots grow and keep the rest light blonde? Note that at the moment I have just over an inch of root so no ombre excuses at all! haha. I might post pics.. but do you guys think it would just be so ugly and bad to have two tone hair like that? (focusing mostly on root being above ear length which should be until summer or something). opinions?
    The "Giving up dye/bleach and growing out natural" thread (here on Mane forum) is full of people having hair like that (or even bigger contrasts), have you checked out that thread? I recommend it if you haven't yet

Type
    1b/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by Rosetta View Post
    The "Giving up dye/bleach and growing out natural" thread (here on Mane forum) is full of people having hair like that (or even bigger contrasts), have you checked out that thread? I recommend it if you haven't yet
    Yes, I am there too. I have been growing out my medium brown hair with my bleached hair. I'm not going to lie to you, the first months were horrible. My hair looked so much darker. Now, it's been 8 months or something like that and it looks better. Especially when it's up and I can only see brown hair in the mirror. It is better in the winter because there is no sun so the difference is not that noticable. Surprisingly, nobody commented on the difference. Now I'm a little bit happier because I've been to the hairdresser's and she did blow fried my hair but it looks a lot better. For me, the key is-- I don't want to lose lenght(don't have much anyway) but when I see that my ends are too light or can't stand them anymore, I go and get a trim and my hair looks darker because the lightest and most damaged ends are removed.

I sometimes buy 6-8 wash brown dye if I get a very stronge urge to dye or have to go somewhere important. It washes out(for me in 1 or 2 washes,lol) and my whole hair is brown for a little while.
    I don't know if you already decided or not but I suggest you do what's most comfortable with you. I've decided to just go through it.
    My hair is mostly brown under so I try and put a claw clip. If you have long hair, you can do some updo's and the difference can be a major plus. Or braids. Braids are the best.
    Last edited by missketi; January 3rd, 2013 at 02:37 PM.