Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Darken Hair Without Dye? How Can I Darken My Bleach Blonde hair without dye?

Account Closed by Member Request

Default Re: Darken Hair Without Dye? How Can I Darken My Bleach Blonde hair without dye?

Problem with aveda is that they don't sell it in Ireland (i'm almost sure) and it's kind of expensive online and I kind of want a more permanent solution than something that completely washes out with each shampoo since I won't be lightening my hair again :/ I don't hate the two tone look but I need my highlights half as light/bright so I won't hate the way my hair looks >.< I fear that hairdressers won't know any other toner than the anti-brassy one, most hairdresser in my town seem REALLY uneducated in hair. either way I'll ask about it in a couple salons as it seems my best bet at the moment D:

Length
    20/20/35
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Re: Darken Hair Without Dye? How Can I Darken My Bleach Blonde hair without dye?

clairol "beautiful" works really well and it has no peroxide or amonia. it's about $7 at Sally Beauty.
    Starting over, again.
    /20/20.5/21/21.5/22/22.5/23/23.5/24/24.5/25/25.5/26/26.5/27/27.5/28/28.5/29/29.5/30/30.5/31/31.5/32/32.5/33/33.5/34/34.5/35/35.5/36

Quote Originally Posted by Micayla47 View Post
    clairol "beautiful" works really well and it has no peroxide or amonia. it's about $7 at Sally Beauty.
    Awh. I read up on it and it sounds perfect. They only sell it in the USA though? my beauty supple store has like nothing and everything is so over-priced even without the VAT. lol. did you use this only on top of bleached hair?

Can't keep away, it seems Unofficial_Rose's Avatar
    Type
    2a/M/ii

thanks so much ^^ I bookmarked. I think it's a good fall-back option since I'm TERRIFIED to get my hair dyed by anyone but a professional. Do you guys think it's stupid to just want my bleached part dyed and have my virgin hair 100% untouched and undyed (over 1 inch)? i feel like a hairdresser will laugh at me for wanting this. I'm seriously devoted to having as much virgin hair on my head as possible. I tried to explain the situation to like 2 salons the other day but they're reaction told me that nobody asks for such treatment... they kind of said nothing. Is dying my bleached hair exclusively impossible unless they do foils? even then i'll need a filler/pre-colour first cause of fadage. UGH. I wish a hairdresser could relate to this haha.

Can't keep away, it seems Unofficial_Rose's Avatar
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Not stupid at all - once you've decided to grow out natural of course you don't want to slap some permanent chem dye all over your head. And that or foils seem to be what salons do. Actually it's always been rather difficult to find a deposit-only dye with decent coverage in the shops (I'm in UK). Can't even get Loving Care anymore but that's more to cover grey, I think. Much better stuff available online sometimes.

haha, True. I found nice n easy loving care in two old chemists in my town for about 5 euro each. however i'm 99% sure they actually stop stocking new ones and they don't make it anymore. :/

The annoying thing is that I don't trust myself to dye my hair evenly and properly but I'm hesitant to trust a hairdresser to listen to my exact instructions. sometimes I feel they don't listen even though they're professionals.. weird >.<

What's worse? two tone hair of medium brown root and light blonde highlights or medium brown root and super faded brownish gingerish colour (which is what i'll probobly have after a week of getting it professional done).

Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

I just Googled "Aveda in Ireland' and they do sell it there - but I understand you want a less temporary solution (though on me, it took several washes to come out completely.
    I'm having kind of similar problems to you - not the same, because I don't want my natural color (blonde) but I am growing out henna. I have about 6" of roots and the rest is red.
    What I've been mostly doing (apart from wearing hats!) is using Adore dye, which is a vegetable dye that comes in lots of natural colors as well as unnatural bright colors.
    It only lasts about 8 washes, but at least there's no peroxide or ammonia. (I use a dark brown color to blend the 2 colors together)

Thanks for the advice how much did you pay for your aveda? If I was to invest in a bottle i'd go for the conditioner because I don't shampoo my dry hair often at all. Ugh ether way I think It's just too expensive for me in reality.

Adore dye seems really mild ^^ Did you find any damage or dryness at all from it? I'm mainly concerned how long it would last, would it truly last 8-10 washes? how often did you reapply? I don't mind reapply like every month if the damage was totally minimal. I can get adore for 5.50 euro per bottle (with like 6 euro postage) which is fine if the dye was totally good quality. The ingredients seem healthy

Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

It was ages ago I used to use the Aveda, before I started using henna, so about 4 years. Actually I have used it once since then, I tried the Madder Root one, hoping to make my hair redder, but didn't like that one at all.
    I used to use the Chamomile, Blue Malva and Clove ones when my hair was all natural and they all worked well to enhance/alter the color - but it's totally over priced, you're right.
    I think now, in shops, in about £20, which is a LOT! I used to get it online, so about £3 cheaper than that.

The Adore hasn't made my hair dry or damaged it. It's a lot like Crazy Color, which I used to use in "Orange" to make my henna'd hair more orangey red.
    It really depends on your hair how long it lasts I think. It would be likely to take a lot better to the bleached bits, because those sort of dyes usually do. It does wash quite quickly out of mine, so I don't do it all the time - like I said, I've been covering my roots a lot with hats/hair bands etc. Harder now, they're grown out so much!
    It does wash out completely - at least it does on my hair, so it might be worth getting one bottle and just seeing how it goes. Don't get too dark a color, in case it does last a lot longer in the bleached bits.
    I don't know what to do in the future either - I don't want my natural blonde color, I love dark hair! But I also don't want to use permanent dye, and definitely not henna and indigo. I've had enough of henna!