Thread: Biotera Long and Healthy Shampoo

Length
    16/16/26
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Default Biotera Long and Healthy Shampoo

Anyone used Biotera Long and Healthy Shampoo/conditioner before? I have been using Suave's Rosemary Mint Shampoo and conditioner for the last year or so, was thinking of swapping to the Biotera to keep breakage down. I have fine hair, but lots of it, and still wash daily most times, occasionally stretching it to 2 days (on the off day, I wet it and still use conditioner) -- Most mornings I finish with Garnier Fructis anti-frizz serum.

I'm after a ponytail, but I have a lot of flyaways that are various lengths, many of them look like broken strands.

Thanks!

Length
    23/27/36
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Default Re: Biotera Long and Healthy Shampoo

Omg. Suave has a rosemary mint shampoo? Ok I feel like baking cookies all of a sudden. Just kidding, why Biotera?

Length
    16/16/26
    Type
    2a/M/iii

http://www.suave.com/products/Profes...mary-Mint.aspx is the suave. I've also used the Suave Sleek Look, but need to clarify once every week to 10 days with that one.

Biotera: I like Pomegranate and Acai and the fact that both the marketing and the reviews I have found said it will help strengthen your hair (leading to less breakage). I'm open to other suggestions, but looking for under $7.50 for 16 oz -- trying to stay reasonably cheap, but not necessarily bargain basement prices.

Also, Sally has it and they're close to home. Sally, Target, and Grocery stores are OK. I really want to avoid salon prices.

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

I tried, and really liked it. The shampoo made me itchy though, but that's to be expected since I've been sulfate free for a while. Instead of using the conditioner targeted for fine hair I used the deep one for coarse hair and worked just fine. I also liked the leave-in, but the product junkie in me stopped using them to try something else. If you try it let us know how you like it!
    Creeping my way back to Classic

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

By the way, glad you posted about it. I was thinking of posting it.

Length
    12/mb/waist
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by hendrickx View Post
    I have a lot of flyaways that are various lengths, many of them look like broken strands.
    LOL sounds like my hair but my flyaways are new growth so there's not much I can do about it. The 2 shampoos that have made a difference for me are Proclaim Argan Oil Intense Moisturizing Shampoo (don't like the smell tho) and L'oreal EverPure Smoothing Shampoo. I've never tried Biotera Long and Healthy... I say give it a whirl and see what happens -- and report back!
    Routine for my dyed mid back length hair: shampoo and condition twice a week, with Alterna Kendi Dry Oil Spray all over and shea butter on ends and lightly on length as leave-ins on wet hair, and blow dried with a Sedu on low heat

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

So... I got the shampoo and conditioner again, lol! Couldn't resist the buy 2 for $10. They didn't have any of the leave-in cream so I couldn't get that but would like to.

The results: I really liked it, but had to use a clarifying shampoo as well due to CO washing for so long. I think the results will be even better without the clarifying. My hair came out feeling "light", it's as if I don't even have hair. I mean my hair is not heavy, but today it just like it wasn't even there. It also made my hair color POP, it's been looking so dark due to COing. My hair wasn't flat at all, had a little oomph to it.

Length
    16/16/26
    Type
    2a/M/iii

I have been on it now for about a week (tomorrow will be day 7), shampooing and conditioning daily. I missed the 2 for $10 deal, but signed up for a Sally card, so I got 2 for a bit over $14. I pickup up the Biotera Long and Healthy Shampoo and Conditioner.

It leaves my hair light and clean feeling, but doesn't seem to dry me out as bad as the suave. I still use the Garnier sleek serum, as I have gotten semi-used to doing so. The plus is my hair smells good all day long, I love the scent of this stuff. I also don't seem to need as much to get results, making it last longer (bringing down the overall cost)

As far as 6x stronger, I doubt it. My hair feels healthier, need to take enough time off I can try every other day with this and that might be perfect. That would require sleeping with my hair up too so I don't drool in it too.