Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 'Adore' Hair Dye

Length
    Waist/Hip/Class
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Default 'Adore' Hair Dye

I have just used Adore hair dye for the first time today, in dark chocolate. For those of you who are not familiar with it this is a non damaging, semi permanent dye, with a great range of brights and natural colours. My hair is a hotch potch of light virgin roots, henna, Directions in dark tulip and plum, with the last 20" or so damaged from permanent black dye & colour stripper, and some bleach damage chucked in for good measure
    I am SO impressed with this dye so far, I processed it with heat for 15 minutes as per the instructions, then left it on for another hour & a half or so (not in the instructions!) My scalp which has been playing up lately took it really well, not even the slightest itch or discomfort of any kind, my hair has been left shiny & manageable, it has covered and blended all the miriad of colours perfectly, even on my virgin roots, and it has not stained my scalp or skin! I even managed to get a hole in my gloves during application so had a dark brown middle finger lol but this has come off with no problem, and to top it all off the dye actually smells really nice!
    Obviously I will have to wait and see how long lasting it is, but I am not anticipating any problems because my hair tends to grab colour & I left it on for quite a while. I would thoroughly recommend this dye to anyone looking for a PPD free dye, their range of natural colours is fantastic, in fact the only reason I stopped using Directions is because I wanted a natural colour for the winter & none of the other semi permanent brands commonly used have them. I will post some pics tomorrow when it has dried properly if anyone would like to see

Length
    14 in/17 in/24 in
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii

Default Re: 'Adore' Hair Dye

Sounds nice!(: Wow..Having left it in that long and no discomfort at all? I did highlights a couple times and felt discomfort after some 10 minutes! Would love to see pics.

Length
    Waist/Hip/Class
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Yes, this dye is alcohol free too, so should be great for a sensitive scalp. I will try to get some pics tomorrow, we are going for a walk along Kimmeridge Bay, so will be taking my camera as the scenery is stunning, very wild & rugged

Length
    */*/*
    Type
    2b/C/iii

I've used Adores colours (some of the reds, blues, greens, and pinks). They always held really nicely in my hair, though in my best friends they faded a bit patchy. My only complaint was that it was so messy to apply.
    Enjoying Short HairLong hair will return eventually

Tries to Help Everyone jacqueline101's Avatar
    Length
    slh/Hip/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/iii

I've never tried them I just happy you found a product you're happy about.

http://51303.photobucket.com/user/ja...ker101/profile
    Some say I'm nearing hip and my fat ate the hair I'm jacqueline101 not a pronoun
    jacquelinewalker101.blogspot.com

Length
    18?/24/27
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Ive never used them but Adore is a wonderful suggestion for those out there who want a semi-perm dye that actually offers natural colors
    Taking an LHC break.

Type
    2a/C/iii

I've not seen this Adore anywhere, can I ask where you got it from? I'm toying with growing out my henna as my greys are increasing and I'm getting lazy. This could be a solution for me as I grow out to disguise the line where my dark brown and greys meet the red. Does it cover greys do you know?
    2a/m/c/iii GROWING OUT HENNA AS TOO MUCH GREY NOW

Length
    Waist/Hip/Class
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Hi Jorja, I'm in the UK and I got it online from Beeunique, although Amazon & Ebay usually have some Beeunique carries the full range of colours. I can't really tell whether it would cover greys as I don't have any yet, but I would imagine it would if left on for an extended period as it seems to have covered everything pretty well, maybe have a Google for some reviews?

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Great that you had such a positive experience with this dye, Sarelis - mine was much less so. I used the same shade, dark chocolate, a while back, and had to use Decolour Remover (a new version of Colour B4) to get it out (and the result after Decolour was very yellow, which led to further problems when trying to tone down that brassiness, but that's another story)... Oiling, clarifying & vitamin c washes didn't help at all. Of course it might have come out eventually (in a few months maybe) if I'd have had the patience to wait, but I really wanted to get rid of it, it was too dark and also much more reddish than I had thought. I used it on a whim, as I'm probably too blonde for such a shade, so I know I'm also to blame. And this experience has a silver lining as well, as now I'm more determined than ever that I want to grow & stay in my natural colour!
    Last edited by Rosetta; December 9th, 2012 at 04:01 AM.

Length
    20/25.5/Waist
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/ii

I also just recently tried Adore hair colour (in Mocha) and I also have hair that has a lot of henna and box dye at the ends. I think it works ok but I have found that it has almost already washed out so it really is very semi-permanent.

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
    ~ Dr Seuss