Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Show me your hair slides!

Length
    24/32.25/Dunno
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Show me your hair slides!

I took the plunge and purchased a lotus shaped one from Cobra Luxe. It's a smidgeon smaller than what I would prefer. This one is 4" wide, which for a slightly looser more comfortable fit would have been nice in 4.5" just to give me a bit more room for growth.

I like that the gauge of wire they use is substantial enough to not be flimsy, but also give somewhat in case a lot of hair needs to be confined.
    Last edited by DweamGoiL; August 16th, 2017 at 11:50 AM.
    DweamGoiL

1c - 2a / f - m / ii | current length = 32.25 inches - working for a thick blunt hemline

Length
    24+/TBL/E=mc2
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

It looks very pretty and well balanced on you, DG! And it pops beautifully in your dark hair.
    Lady Soreil, Fey-Born Bard in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    ~spider silk fine, 4.5" pony circ.~

~Back from Tippy Fingers to the Buttzone, yet forever onwards through varied hues of Tawny Trails, towards ye Crystal Cascades~

Length
    24/32.25/Dunno
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Crystawni View Post
    It looks very pretty and well balanced on you, DG! And it pops beautifully in your dark hair.
    Thanks Crystawni! I almost got copper, but I can't compete with the Queen Copper just looks so amazing in your hair. I just love the way copper just glows in your hair. I think I am going to stick with brass for myself because I like that it has a more contrasting effect with my haircolor.
    DweamGoiL

1c - 2a / f - m / ii | current length = 32.25 inches - working for a thick blunt hemline

Length
    24+/TBL/E=mc2
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Thank you very muchly, DG! Brass is very elegant and does work well for you with its softer gold hue on your rich colouring! It also brings a warmth to your skin that makes it glow.

I try to use white-silver as my pop colour, but if I twirl my hair a certain way with the underside silvers dominant... yup, silver blend. Or silver on creamy white... urk. And as much as I'm a warm-season colouring (spring), gold and brass are just too yellow and don't play as well with the copper, silver and white I've got going on. Yanno, with hair the colour of mine--not really blonde, not really brown, not really red, it was only recently I realised it's antique copper coloured? And that epiphany has cost me $$ as I've been lusting after all the copper hairtoy pretties. Learning really is a lifelong thing, especially as I was adopted at birth and missed out on all the hereditary clues and info. only blood rellies can offer.

~Back from Tippy Fingers to the Buttzone, yet forever onwards through varied hues of Tawny Trails, towards ye Crystal Cascades~

Length
    24/32.25/Dunno
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Hey, you only live once...spend away. It's well worth it!
    DweamGoiL

Length
    CBL/TBL/-
    Type
    1c/M/ii

DweamGoiL, I just ordered that same lotus earlier today. It looks great in your hair! I think mine comes with a stick rather than the fork you seem to have though.

Also, I'll have to agree on the copper looking amazing in Crystawni's hair.
    Caution: LHC-itis may become terminal.
    https://zestylonghair.wordpress.com

Length
    24/32.25/Dunno
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Yay, Zesty!!! I am going to definitely be on the lookout for that action shot I will warn you in advance it did take a good 3+ weeks to arrive....so sit tight!
    DweamGoiL

Length
    24+/TBL/E=mc2
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Hahaha, welcome to my world when it comes to waiting for overseas pretties (but in reverse). Thank you, Zesty, and woooooo for getting a lotus slide from my home state!

Length
    APL/APL/WAIST
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by DweamGoiL View Post
    I took the plunge and purchased a lotus shaped one from Cobra Luxe. It's a smidgeon smaller than what I would prefer. This one is 4" wide, which for a slightly looser more comfortable fit would have been nice in 4.5" just to give me a bit more room for growth.

I like that the gauge of wire they use is substantial enough to not be flimsy, but also give somewhat in case a lot of hair needs to be confined.
    Sooooo pretty. You make me want one!

Length
    APL/APL/WAIST
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Zesty View Post
    DweamGoiL, I just ordered that same lotus earlier today. It looks great in your hair! I think mine comes with a stick rather than the fork you seem to have though.

Also, I'll have to agree on the copper looking amazing in Crystawni's hair.
    I'm currently looking at the etsy and it seems the one that dweamgoil has is indeed different. For some reason only a stick is available and not the fork that you have. Don't know why! I much prefer the way the fork looks.