Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nioxin

Length
    chin/SL/TBL
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

Default Nioxin

So, I was reading through the other nioxin forum, and i just wanted to create a place where results from nioxin are posted. Ideally, a poll was what i wanted. But i do not seem to have the poll option on here. Either way...
    This would be my poll:

What results have you seen using Nioxin?

1/ Thickness and length increase
    2/ Thickness only increase
    3/ Length only increase
    4/ No noticeable differences

Thanks in advance!

Length
    19/hip/termi
    Type
    1a/F/ii/iii

Default Re: Nioxin

Bump! Saraya, I'll be watching your thread closely as I want to know about Nioxin too. My question is, does Nioxin help to increase strength to avoid breakage? The Nioxin sight claims that it will.

Type
    1b/F/i/ii

I just had this treatment done at hairdressers. She put nioxin scalp dermabrasion and she cleaned my scalp with it. She put the mini camera and showed me on screen how it looked before ( clogged follicles) and after everything was so clean. I don't know if it will affect hair growth but it made my scalp squeeky clean. I didn't purchase nioxin products because I use something different already and waiting for some results. I might try it in a future.

Growing out healthy, natural hair since October 2015

Length
    Pixie/Waist/35"?
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

I am willing to test try it once I run out of shampoo. This might be a promising brand.
    _1b / F / i/ii__... Forever Growing _
    Chin SHL APL BSL Waist Hip BCL

Length
    19/hip/termi
    Type
    1a/F/ii/iii

I caved and bought some. I bought a starter kit. I've used it twice and am very happy with the results. Nioxin conditioner is the only conditioner that my fine hair seems to like. My wallet isn't very happy though...

Type
    2c/3a/F/M/i

I tried it for about four months. Initially it made my scalp feel much better (it has a tendency to feel a little itchy) but that didn't last very long. I saw no improvement in body/volume and no signs of radical new growth either. Had my scalp not started to itch again I may have carried on a little longer but I reason that if my scalp isn't happy then the hair won't grow as well as it might otherwise - the scalp is the environment in which the hair grows after all. I'm now using a Philip Kingsley shampoo instead and my scalp feels great again. Will see how it feels in a few months...

Type
    2a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Agnieszka View Post
    I just had this treatment done at hairdressers. She put nioxin scalp dermabrasion and she cleaned my scalp with it. She put the mini camera and showed me on screen how it looked before ( clogged follicles) and after everything was so clean. I don't know if it will affect hair growth but it made my scalp squeeky clean. I didn't purchase nioxin products because I use something different already and waiting for some results. I might try it in a future.
    I've never heard of the nioxin scalp dermabrasion! It sounds interesting because I feel like my scalp is clogged and I'm paranoid it's hurting my hair growth. Have you ever done a scalp sugar scrub or anything? If you have, do you feel like they do the same thing/have the same affect or was the nioxin better?

Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

I haven't tried the scalp dermabrasion. I have been using Nioxin on and off, mostly on, for about 10 years. I notice a lessening of shedding when I use it regularly. I started using it for hormonal hair loss that caused pretty significant thinning at the temple area, and a general loss of thickness over all. I called it my Jack Nicholson hairline. My hairline returned to normal over time and I credit Nioxin use for that. It only works if you are dedicated to using it long term. Many people find it drying on the scalp, but I don't. I don't usually use the shampoo on my ends only scalp. (Which helps with the cost factor).
    "If you’re bothered by every rub, how will you ever be polished?”- Rumi

Length
    19/hip/termi
    Type
    1a/F/ii/iii

I haven't noticed any increase in growth. I have however noticed a lot of new hairs on my scalp. My hair was thinning and now the thickness is back. Apparantly my hair follicles were completely clogged up.

Length
    15"/BSL/hip
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I have used it for over a year. I think that it has helped my hair some, but it is still really thin. I only put the shampoo on my scalp for 3 min. Rinse - then put the cond. on my scalp and another cond. on my ends, for another 3 min. because Nixion is pretty drying for my hair. And rinse it off.
    Is that the way that you are supposed to use the conditioner? are you supposed to put it on your scalp? I have read for other cond. not to put it on your scalp that it causes them to lose more hair. So now I am confused on what to do.