Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nioxin

Length
    3"/3.5"/34"
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

Default Re: Nioxin

Hmm wondering if I should try this! I have a bit of thinning around the sides and at the hairline (the first inch or so of my hairline is definitely thinner than it used to be and I'm quite conscious of it). I've had a lot of shedding, and have obvious regrowth, just not where it needs to be!!!). The Nioxin looks pretty darn expensive though!! If I was sure it'd work... I'd definitely be in it though. I'm worried I'll have to try minoxidil which I'm sort of loath to start with... but if nothing else works I will use it.
    Starting over short and working towards virgin hair!

Length
    19/hip/termi
    Type
    1a/F/ii/iii

I think that Nioxin is worth every penny. I have a ton of new hairs. The hair at my scalp looks much thicker. My hair was visibly thinning and Nioxin fixed it right up. My hair is super fine and super fragile. The tensile strength is gradually increasing. I'm breaking a lot less hairs now.

The first few times you wash your hair with Nioxin your shower drain will be filled with hairs. Don't worry, you're not going bald. These are the hairs that should have been shed a long time ago. After only 2 washes I had a Holy Moly moment at the sight of all the new hairs at my hairline.

This morning I had another duh moment. I don't like the scalp spray that's included in the start kits. Other members have posted that it made their hair stiff and stringy. It did on my hair too. So, after reading the ingredients, I diluted this stuff 75%. Sprayed on my scalp and I still had that warm tingly feeling. My hair at the scalp level wasn't stiff or nasty looking at all. So, the next logical step-spray on the hair! My hair loves this stuff! My hair became soft and shiny without being weighed down. So, to those of you who have the scalp spray and are unhappy with it, try diluting it 75% and see if you can use it. After all, we paid good money for it.

Type
    2a/M/C/ii

Hmm I'm interested in the scalp dermabrasion thing. Do you think it's better than a sugar scrub? I really feel like my scalp is clogged. Do all of their shampoos contain sulfates?

ETA: It says you can only get the scalp dermabrasion in a salon (I don't think I live near a salon that does that) but can you just buy it online and do it yourself?

Current:
    43" Goal: 45"
    Starting: MBL l WL l HIP l BCL l TBL l 1st Goal: CLl 2nd Goal: FTL

marginally north of where the stars at night are big and bright.
    Length
    22ish/Hip+/TB
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by TheHowlingWolf View Post
    Hmm I'm interested in the scalp dermabrasion thing. Do you think it's better than a sugar scrub? I really feel like my scalp is clogged. Do all of their shampoos contain sulfates?

ETA: It says you can only get the scalp dermabrasion in a salon (I don't think I live near a salon that does that) but can you just buy it online and do it yourself?
    Yep, you can get it on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Nioxin-Scalp-N...sion+treatment
    I got mine on ebay, but haven't had a chance to try it yet...maybe I will tomorrow if I have extra time.
    You can lead a horticulture, but you can't make her think.
    -Dorothy Parker

Type
    2a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by metricfuture View Post
    Yep, you can get it on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Nioxin-Scalp-N...sion+treatment
    I got mine on ebay, but haven't had a chance to try it yet...maybe I will tomorrow if I have extra time.
    Oh okay, if you try it, please let us know how you like it and how you used it!

Current:
    43" Goal: 45"
    Starting: MBL l WL l HIP l BCL l TBL l 1st Goal: CLl 2nd Goal: FTL

Length
    3"/3.5"/34"
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

Well I've ordered a trial pack of the Nioxin (regular stuff, not the scalp dermabrasion treatment), and although even that was expensive, I figure if it works it's worth it!
    Starting over short and working towards virgin hair!

The scalp dermabrasion thing sounds interesting. I went to Ulta a few days ago and was so tempted to try this line...
    2a / M&C / iii

Length
    2"/23"/TLBN
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/iii

I've had itchy scalp and a lot of fall out for quite some time. Fortunately I have thick hair, so the fall out is not noticeable. But, at 59, it's only downhill from here as far as keeping my hair from thinning. Just ordered Nioxin starter off of Amazon and am anxious to try it. The reviews on Amazon are nothing but rave...Thanks for starting this thread.
    This was my longest hair in 2015, regrowing to this length and beyond. Trying to be patient, but heck, I have the rest of my life, right? .