Page 4436 of 4449 FirstFirst ... 34363936433643864426443444354436443744384446 ... LastLast
Results 44,351 to 44,360 of 44484

Thread: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Length
    Pixie/Waist/Hip?
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

Default Re: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

It really is quite incredible that hair grows at all
    P̶i̶x̶i̶e̶,̶ ̶C̶h̶i̶n̶,̶ ̶S̶L̶,̶ ̶C̶B̶L̶,̶ ̶A̶P̶L̶,̶ ̶B̶S̶L̶, WL

Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Hairy-Fairy View Post
    Do you mind if I ask whats brand and name of these shampoos (especially the fragrance free one)? Every shampoo I've used causes horrible tangles and matting in my hair and my toddler's hair is the same. But I don't always have the time and energy to make our own hair products all the time. It might be nice to have an alternative.
    Of course, Hairy-Fairy, although I am not sure if these are available where you are. I´m using Balea products from Drogerie Markt. The sulfate free shampoos that didn´t cause a single tangle for me were the Balea Natural beauty line (Ingredients:Aqua, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate, Glycerin, Panthenol, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Cocos Nucifera Fruit Extract, Hibiscus Sabdariffa Flower Extract, PCA Glyceryl Oleate, Cocamide MIPA, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride, Parfum, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate).

Now I´m using Balea Ultra-sensitive shampoo and Ultra-sensitive conditioner and together, they work great. They moisturize without weighing down and clean without making dry. The shampoo has these ingredients: Aqua, Coco-Glucoside, Glycerin, Sodium Coco-Sulfate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Citric Acid, Glyceryl Oleate, Panthenol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Ethylhexylglycerin, Decylene Glycol, Hydroxypropyl Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Niacinamide, p-Anisic Acid, Sodium Chloride, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides Citrate, Lecithin, Ascorbyl Palmitate.
    Conditioner ingredients: Aqua, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Cetrimonium Chloride, Dicaprylyl Ether, Isopropyl Palmitate, Panthenol, Hydroxypropyl Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Sodium Benzoate, Citric Acid, Niacinamide, Potassium Sorbate.

I am grateful that Balea has this line of parfum-free products, because such products are certainly very difficult to find among other brands (why does everything have to contain parfum???). And when some high-end brands have parfum-free products, they usually contain other ingredients that might be irritating/harmful.

I did a lot, lots of lot, squinting at labels and reading ingredients on the internet before I found a product that is good and works for me. I wish you good luck, Hairy-Fairy!

Length
    20"/39"/50"
    Type
    4b/4c/F/M/iii

I think I actually can get that here, Nefcerka! Thank you so much.
    TBL>CL>MTL>KL

Length
    CBL/HL/FTL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

I've been using aloe vera to wash and moisturise my face for months with amazing results, so today I thought I would try using a little bit on my ends since they were feeling a bit dry...

After rubbing a small pea sized amount into my braid ends a couple hours ago, I felt my ends and they really feel so soft and smooth again! Does anyone know what this means? Is my hair high or low porosity if it responds well to aloe vera, or any other things I should know about my hair type? So effective it's incredible and unexpected!
    Collarbone ... Mid-back ... Waist ... *Hip* ... Tailbone... Classic ... Mid-thigh​

What are the good US-based henna suppliers these days? As far as product and price? I've used Henna Sooq usually and have been happy with them, but I don't mind shopping around for my next batch, especially since I'm sure henna is VERY expensive these days. I don't need anything fancy... I've tried, say, Red Raj and such and I just don't notice that much of a difference on my hair, so I don't mind the cheap stuff like Jamila and such.

(I'm just not inclined to go with my local Indian groceries because A. much of what they carry is "other" colors of henna (black, brown, burgundy, etc.) and I just do not trust to be certain that I am getting the right thing (that even hennas that don't say they're a certain other color don't contain other things, or that I'm not missing where it says it contains other things), plus who knows how long their henna has been on the shelves losing dye potency.)

ETA: *sigh* The henna process, though. Thinking of things I needed to do today outside of the house... of course I had hours of downtime with henna on my head, but couldn't exaclty go out like that...
    Last edited by Kat; March 30th, 2024 at 05:57 PM.
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Length
    SL/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    What are the good US-based henna suppliers these days? As far as product and price? I've used Henna Sooq usually and have been happy with them, but I don't mind shopping around for my next batch, especially since I'm sure henna is VERY expensive these days. I don't need anything fancy... I've tried, say, Red Raj and such and I just don't notice that much of a difference on my hair, so I don't mind the cheap stuff like Jamila and such.
    LOL, I thought it was funny because here ( Sweden) Jamila is more expensive than Indian henna
    I'm currently using Rajasthani and I like it a lot
    Den som väntar på något gott väntar aldrig för länge.

Lady Sheala the Conjurer of the Empress Tree in the Order of Long Haired Knights

Quote Originally Posted by paulownia View Post
    LOL, I thought it was funny because here ( Sweden) Jamila is more expensive than Indian henna
    I'm currently using Rajasthani and I like it a lot
    IIRC, the two are similar in price at Henna Sooq? I'm have to check again.
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Length
    18"/33"/45"
    Type
    1b/M/ii

I wish I could do that hair-whip/grab thing that Rapunzel does in Tangled. I already do it with blankets and towels on accident all the time.

What I really want is magic hair that I can use like a grappling hook to climb mountains and trees.
    Thinking Long Hair Thoughts

Length
    SL/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    IIRC, the two are similar in price at Henna Sooq? I'm have to check again.
    Oops I think you misunderstood me it's not Henna Sooq. I order from hennabutiken.se
    Den som väntar på något gott väntar aldrig för länge.

Lady Sheala the Conjurer of the Empress Tree in the Order of Long Haired Knights

Length
    20"/39"/50"
    Type
    4b/4c/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ArtOfNoot View Post
    I wish I could do that hair-whip/grab thing that Rapunzel does in Tangled. I already do it with blankets and towels on accident all the time.

What I really want is magic hair that I can use like a grappling hook to climb mountains and trees.
    What I want is magic indestructible hair that doesn't break when you use it as a grappling hook even though you can cut right through it with a knife or a piece of broken mirror. Also, even though she sings about brushing and brushing and brushing her hair.....it never seems to get tangled in the first place. That would be cool.
    TBL>CL>MTL>KL