Page 92 of 105 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast

Thread: LOTR-lovers!

The Grey Havens (aka Canadian West Coast)
    Length
    SDL/BCL/TBL
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Default Re: LOTR-lovers!

Oooooooh so pretty!!!! I would totally wear that just about anywhere... Hahaha

Benevolent neglect to get me through my first no-trim year: aiming for TB then CL

Lover of Rainbows & Curls Quixii's Avatar
    Length
    0?/knee+/knee
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii/iii

Would it be weird to name a future child Lorien? (And if not would it be better to be Lórien?)
    Knee+ length! Lady Gelôs, Keeper of the Silken Aulaeum in the Order of the Long Haired Knights <3

Length
    35/47/?
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Quixii View Post
    Would it be weird to name a future child Lorien? (And if not would it be better to be Lórien?)
    When I was around 8-9, the wife of my church's youth pastor was named Lorien. I have no idea if she wrote it with the accent or not, though it would be more proper to have it. Now, though, I think of it more as a male name because of Irmo.

Length
    SDL/BCL/TBL
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Well... I would love to name a daughter Galadriel or Éowyn so.... Hahaha Lorien/Lórien just sounds exotic sort of. People might not recognize it right away as Tolkien related whereas straight up names from super recognizable movies....

Benevolent neglect to get me through my first no-trim year: aiming for TB then CL

Length
    19/39/39
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by TwilightShadow View Post
    Thank you, Elven_Escapist. In case you're interested in buying one, it's this dress: http://armstreet.com/store/medieval-...-tunic-costume
    Thank you for the link, I saved it just in case

If I ever have children I am pretty sure they will end up with Tolkien inspired names. I think Lorien is close enough to Lauren to not sound too out there. I personally like it better with the accent.

My dad often jokes saying that if I have children I will name them Frodo, Bilbo, Sauron, Smeagol, etc. XD
    Last edited by Elven_Escapist; January 27th, 2015 at 07:34 PM.

Lover of Rainbows & Curls Quixii's Avatar
    Length
    0?/knee+/knee
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii/iii

I mean, I've pretty much decided that at some point I'll get two cats and name them Merry and Pippin. I am a fan of LOTR names.
    I just keep thinking lately how Lórien is such a pretty name (well, so is Lothlórien) depicting such a pretty place, and it's not so direct a reference that would run into issues with that and said child could go by something like Lori if she wanted a more "normal" name.
    Knee+ length! Lady Gelôs, Keeper of the Silken Aulaeum in the Order of the Long Haired Knights <3

Length
    BSL/Hip/TBL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I mean, I've pretty much decided that at some point I'll get two cats and name them Merry and Pippin. I am a fan of LOTR names.
    That's a fantastic idea!

Length
    35/47/?
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

I mean, I've pretty much decided that at some point I'll get two cats and name them Merry and Pippin.
    My last two cats were Pippin and Merry, in that order. I will say that if you name a tom Merry, everyone will think he's a female named Mary.

Type
    2a/F/i

I'm kinda new to this...My boyfriend forced me to sit and watch LOTR (to be fair, I made him sit and watch Harry Potter lol) and now I'm working my way through The Fellowship of the ring for my first time. I usually stick with more modern novels, and I've had to google a few terms while reading so it's taking me awhile to read, but so far I am enjoying it! It's just different from what I'm used to Hi everyone!

BSL: Made it!Off to Waist!

Length
    SDL/BCL/TBL
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Nadine <3 View Post
    I'm kinda new to this...My boyfriend forced me to sit and watch LOTR (to be fair, I made him sit and watch Harry Potter lol) and now I'm working my way through The Fellowship of the ring for my first time. I usually stick with more modern novels, and I've had to google a few terms while reading so it's taking me awhile to read, but so far I am enjoying it! It's just different from what I'm used to Hi everyone!
    Yay congrats! I think Tolkien is slow for any first reader i started Fellowship in grade seven and it took me a year to finish Two Towers and Return of the King. Just go slow and take it all in in time! I know for me once I read it it made reading classics and older literature so much more enjoyable.