Page 32 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Thread: LOTR-lovers!

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: LOTR-lovers!

Both my brothers have emailed me telling me that I need to go as Tauriel for Halloween. To quote DB15, "Come ON. You HAVE to. If I looked that much like a LotR character I'd totally do it."

Me, "Even if it was Smeagol?"

Him, "Yes, Precious, yes."

I accept full responsibility for turning them into D&D-playing, LOTR-loving fantasy nerds.

Feminist warrior-druidess SwordWomanRiona's Avatar
    Celtiberian pseudo-Rivendell fort overlooking the sunset
    Length
    Trim/Calf-/Knee
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

Yay, go for it, Nightshade!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaya View Post
    Thank you! I love my Orcrist. It's the first Tolkien sword I ever bought, and not the last. (I have Fili's sword on pre-order and will probably pre-order Kili's sword as well. It only makes sense to have the whole Durin family weaponry line!) It caused quite the spectacle in the store when they brought it out, since they didn't have it on display and neither of the sales guys who helped us had ever seen it unboxed. It was an awesome moment to say the least!
    I fell in love with Orcrist when I first saw it in the promo pics, I'll be definitely getting it asap! I have Glamdring, which is gorgeous as well, but I'd like the set, the two swords from the trolls' lair

Length
    SL/HL/Knee
    Type
    2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by humble_knight View Post
    I don't know if any of you sub to fb pages about LOTR/TH but this showed up in my feed today and tickled my ribs a little

Oh my gosh XD that's so funny!
    “I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.”
    J.R.R. Tolkien

Everything is chemicals! Bagginslover's Avatar
    Length
    26.5/35.5/50
    Type
    1b/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
    Both my brothers have emailed me telling me that I need to go as Tauriel for Halloween. To quote DB15, "Come ON. You HAVE to. If I looked that much like a LotR character I'd totally do it."

I accept full responsibility for turning them into D&D-playing, LOTR-loving fantasy nerds.
    Thats a great conversation!! You really should!

BSL-Waist-Hip-BCL-TBL-Classic
    Layers cut back in, oops!!!!

Length
    22/38.5/42
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

found two new videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rbo7OndHPec and (the latter has some swears that are beeped out, use discretion anyway)

Love them
    Beware, the Lipstickless Bandit rides again, roaming the period-correct countryside and absconding with the kisses of all those who take her fancy!

Length
    APL?/TBL/100cm
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Teehee, that Gollum wins award thing is just so funny. I've seen it before. Was it perhaps the RotK extended dvd's easter egg or something?

Oh and then there's this for you Legolas fans:

Hip ---- BCL -- TBL -- 100 cm of hair!
    Growing my virgin roots since the end of 2011. Maintaining at TBL+ in 2015!

I love both video's! Thank you!

@Kaya: Thank you so much! I have always felt at ease and peaceful in the forest, so it was no surprise that I was going to fall for the Mallorn leaf-designs. I've had them for 9(!) years now. As for the elvish it's "Freedom" written in quenya tengwar, I added it a couple of months ago.
    Elen síla lúmenn ´Omentielvo
    sl***APL***bsl***wl***hip

Length
    shdlr/~Clsc/FrTp
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post

Very good sister.

I've done the same to my kids. My friend, who was our GM for a year until he moved out of state, has been tracked down online by my teens and is coming in August to hold a session due to extensive nagging, begging and pleading. Lol Well done kids, well done.

Enchantress Maelyssa, Oracle of The Deep Wood in The Order of The Long Haired Knights

Length
    shdlr/~Clsc/FrTp
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Humble knight.....the FB post....HILARIOUS!
    Last edited by Maelyssa; July 5th, 2013 at 06:41 PM.

Enchantress Maelyssa, Oracle of The Deep Wood in The Order of The Long Haired Knights

Length
    27/32/39
    Type
    2b/M/ii

It is entirely possible I splurged on a custom-made headpiece for the midnight showing of Desolation of Smaug. It's a vine crown with custom black butterflies in the shape of Emperor butterflies, except with no markings at all. I suppose I'm cosplaying as the sky above Mirkwood? But since that's one of my favorite moments in the book and very special to me personally, that was what I wanted to do. I've got a few extra black butterflies to pin elsewhere in my hair to finish the look. I'll experiment when it comes closer to time and post pictures of what I come up with.