Page 43 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Thread: LOTR-lovers!

Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

Default Re: LOTR-lovers!

I am jealous of you lucky people yet thoroughly impressed at your goodies at the same time
    Aiming for terminal

Lady Hayley of the Britons

Length
    14/25/60
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Long_hair_bear View Post
    I'm the world's biggest Tolkien nerd.... Name it, and I pry have it in Tolkien, from small things like shirts and blankets, to bigger things like tattoos. :

Actually, my reason for growing out my hair is to be more elf like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaya View Post
    This was a 'cram all my swords in my hair at once' experiment. With the exception of the really long Narnia sword, all of them are LOTR-related.
    I LOOOOVE both of your hair sticks!! Daaaang! They are so beautiful!

Kaya, all your swords made me laugh so hard, that was so cool!

Long_hair_bear - I have a Tolkien-tattoo of my own! What kind do you have?
    Mine is Fangorn - Treebeard I love him. The ents are my favourites of all the creatures in Middle-earth, they really speak to me. So I designed my own Treebeard (was not happy with the ones I could find online and as artwork) and got him on me arm blowing his horn!

I have plans to also tattoo the ents marching song around it and make it more of a half/full-sleeve, maybe with some mist, text, ents in the distance and branches; I want three roots entertwining to create an Yggdrasil-combo, Yggdrasil is a Fraxinus Excelsior and even if it is not specified in the books what type of tree Fangorn, I don't think anyone would mind me getting some ash-bark around him hehe..
    Buuuut that will have to wait, I don't have either the inspiration or the extra money at the moment.

I would also like the door of Moria on my back!
    Happily growing my way to as far as it goes!

TT & Ficcare collector Long_hair_bear's Avatar
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by redtuss View Post
    I LOOOOVE both of your hair sticks!! Daaaang! They are so beautiful!

Kaya, all your swords made me laugh so hard, that was so cool!

Long_hair_bear - I have a Tolkien-tattoo of my own! What kind do you have?
    Mine is Fangorn - Treebeard I love him. The ents are my favourites of all the creatures in Middle-earth, they really speak to me. So I designed my own Treebeard (was not happy with the ones I could find online and as artwork) and got him on me arm blowing his horn!

I have plans to also tattoo the ents marching song around it and make it more of a half/full-sleeve, maybe with some mist, text, ents in the distance and branches; I want three roots entertwining to create an Yggdrasil-combo, Yggdrasil is a Fraxinus Excelsior and even if it is not specified in the books what type of tree Fangorn, I don't think anyone would mind me getting some ash-bark around him hehe..
    Buuuut that will have to wait, I don't have either the inspiration or the extra money at the moment.

I would also like the door of Moria on my back!
    I have the ship that Galadriel leaves middle earth in on top of my foot then right above it going around my ankle I have "The sea calls us home." In elvish. I have another tattoo of myself as an elf sobbing on a cut down tree that evil men have fell. Around the picture, I have in elvish, "The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air."

“Some of the worst mistakes in my life were haircuts." - Jim Morrison
    "But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her." 1 Corinthians 11:15
    *UNICORN* Looking for Maxima Diamond Two toned Amethyst in Large

Length
    SL/FTL/FTL
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Kaya View Post

Here's my collection of LOTR/Hobbit goodies.

This was a 'cram all my swords in my hair at once' experiment. With the exception of the really long Narnia sword, all of them are LOTR-related.

My custom Rohan horse fork from GTS. I call him Shadowfax.

WHAT?! That first picture is bad@$$!! I would not want to run into you in a dark ally! and that Rohan horse is beautiful!
    Lady Vrindi of the Shining Sea of Waves of the order of the Long Haired Knights!
    www.theravenandthelotus.com

Length
    14/25/60
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Long_hair_bear View Post
    I have the ship that Galadriel leaves middle earth in on top of my foot then right above it going around my ankle I have "The sea calls us home." In elvish. I have another tattoo of myself as an elf sobbing on a cut down tree that evil men have fell. Around the picture, I have in elvish, "The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air."
    That sounds beautiful

The elves are darlings but a bit too ethereal to be my all-time favourites (but I loooooove em, get me right, I love every creature in Middle-earth, even the orchs!).
    But I suppose that I have realised that I have a lot more in common with the hobbits and dwarves.. I love hobbits. I'm homey, I love to eat, I try to live in the moment and be positive about things and just be happy in my life. The dwarf in me loves gold and precious things I suppose

Oh, and I live by the saying "A wizard is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to"!

Tattoos are fun, I need more... I would like something in elvish after all. Not sure what though.
    Last edited by redtuss; November 6th, 2013 at 12:09 AM.
    Happily growing my way to as far as it goes!

A lil treat for those eagerly awaiting Desolation of Smaug :

The song during the credits will be :

Quote Originally Posted by humble_knight View Post
    A lil treat for those eagerly awaiting Desolation of Smaug :

The song during the credits will be :

Thank you so much! A very nice song!
    Dyed my hair back to dark brown( which I have naturally, so I can start over to get virgin hair) and I feel like an Noldor-elf ehehehe very pleased and sooooooo ready for DoS!!!
    Elen síla lúmenn ´Omentielvo
    Growing out virgin since Nov-13
    sl***apl***bsl***WL***hip

Length
    9 in/15in/40in
    Type
    3c/4a/M/iii

Nice song! I'm still trying to figure out the right style for the premier next month. Any ideas that I could modify for kinky- curly hair?
    3c/4aMIII normal porosity http://thelionsmaneofhair.blogspot.com

Recovering from other peoples scissor happy way.

Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii/iii

Woohoo!!! It's a good time to be a Tolkien nerd!!!!

Got my EE of AUJ and it's awesome! I still need to watch the 9 hours of extras and I can't wait!

I got two statues on their way to me as well. Next week is going to be epic!

And a special treat just for us LHCers.

Length
    shrug/33/45
    Type
    3a/F/ii

Eh, not so hot on the song myself but then again I don't like the song at the end of TT much either. However that is a gorgeous picture of Tauriel.

Annoyingly the EE isn't released in the UK until Monday but since Monday is my birthday that works out quite well! I'm having a Hobbit day (second breakfast will feature! lol) and working my way through those discs. I've spend all afternoon baking the cake (sadly it's not Tolkien themed, I've gone with Tinkerbell for this), oatcakes (seemed like a good Hobbit food) and the trusty lembas.
    Please look at my baking blog: http://princesscupcakescakes.blogspot.co.uk/