Page 40 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Thread: LOTR-lovers!

Length
    APL?/TBL/100cm
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Default Re: LOTR-lovers!

I think in the larger cities in Finland people do camp out for major films, but usually the very early birds come the night before and the rest early in the morning or just in time for the ticket booth to open. I've not been to the premieres for LotRs or Hobbit and I don't know at which point I'm going to see the new Hobbit film now as my friends probably will see it in another city and I don't have anyone to go with in this city. I've only once "camped out" for a movie which was the latest Star Wars film. I think the ticket sale began at 9AM and I went there at about 6AM at which point there was maybe 10-20 people in front of me and this was in one of those bigger cities.

I wish I had someone to go with though and I wish they were likeminded so that they would dress up. I think I'll only wear something hobbit or elven inspired instead of a proper costume as I don't want to be the only one dressed up, especially if I don't get to the premiere.

Hip ---- BCL -- TBL -- 100 cm of hair!
    Growing my virgin roots since the end of 2011. Maintaining at TBL+ in 2015!

Length
    32/41/43+
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

I live in the largest city in Norway, but it's still not a very big city. The first people in line came last Friday, so they camped outside the movie theatre for well over a week! Apparently it's become a thing, they make a camp fire (on the sidewalk, in the middle of the city. ) work on costumes and just hang out. I'm not to keen on sleeping in a tent on the sidewalk in the middle of October though, so I crossed my fingers and waited for the online sale to start up. (They put any tickets left after people in line have bought their tickets online)

I need to say something smart here? O.o

Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii/iii

People camp out for movies in the US too. Though I've never gotten the nerve to do it myself. I am obsessed with anything and everything Tolkien, but I cannot bring myself to camp out for a movie premier. I just don't like large crowds in movie theaters. I can handle crowds better with DH by my side, but alone, it's incredibly nerve-wracking. I prefer to go during the week, when there are far fewer people; a few times, there were only two or three other people in there with me when seeing AUJ. Heaven! So, with DOS coming out on a Friday, I will be going to see it first showing possible on Monday.

Everything is chemicals! Bagginslover's Avatar
    Length
    26.5/35.5/50
    Type
    1b/M/iii

People here camp out to stand alongside the red carpet, but I've never heard of anyone doing it to buy tickets, perhaps thats not something that is available here, or its all done online. We aren't allowed tents for overnight queuing here, so people literally sleep on the street. One of the premieres my friends went to (the final Twilight film), they were put in a little pen with security guards to keep them safe, and they still received abuse from passers-by, and had drinks thrown over them! London at night can be a nasty place

BSL-Waist-Hip-BCL-TBL-Classic
    Layers cut back in, oops!!!!

Length
    SL/FTL/FTL
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Kaya View Post
    I love my beads! You thread the braids through them. Here's the link to the etsy shop. The owner is quite lovely to deal with.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/Dwarvendom

Hmm, makes me want to get some more...
    Thanks for the link! I can't wait to get some. They are truly awesome!
    Lady Vrindi of the Shining Sea of Waves of the order of the Long Haired Knights!
    www.theravenandthelotus.com

Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii/iii

Thread bump!!!! Woohoo!!!

52 days and counting. Let's mark the day by further oogling Tauriel's lovely long locks, as done to perfection in her new 1/6 scale statue by Weta. It was officially unveiled today. (I will be getting this at some point before the movie comes out! She's spectacular.)

For those who want to further investigate this amazing piece of art can go to Weta's site. But beware, there are many beauties available. It's easy to get sucked in and then bemoan the fact that while lovely, can be very pricey. Peruse at your own risk! Take it from me though, should you decide to get something, you won't regret it. I own quite a few Weta pieces and they are outstanding.

http://www.wetanz.com/shop/

Length
    25/27/30
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

I saw this and thought of this thread. Apologies if already posted.

Length
    shrug/33/45
    Type
    3a/F/ii

Oh wow that Tauriel statue is beyond amazing. I wish I had the space for something like that (and the money!) Why are all my favourite fandoms releasing cool stuff now?! What with the Dr Who 50th Anniversary, the Sailor Moon 20th Anniversary (and the reboot) and Tolkien related stuff... gah!
    Please look at my baking blog: http://princesscupcakescakes.blogspot.co.uk/

Length
    SL/FTL/FTL
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessIdril View Post
    Oh wow that Tauriel statue is beyond amazing. I wish I had the space for something like that (and the money!) Why are all my favourite fandoms releasing cool stuff now?! What with the Dr Who 50th Anniversary, the Sailor Moon 20th Anniversary (and the reboot) and Tolkien related stuff... gah!
    Wait...there's a Sailor Moon reboot?

When we build our castle (at least outside of our imaginations, it's already fully furnished in our heads) there will be a mage tower/library with all the Tolkien stuff. Tauriel will be in there too now!
    Lady Vrindi of the Shining Sea of Waves of the order of the Long Haired Knights!
    www.theravenandthelotus.com

Length
    Pixie/24in/TBL
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

I think I'll definately be re-creating Tauriel's hair when we go to see the new Hobbit film! Can't wait!

Lady Ennostiel, Sage of Foal & Leporidae of the Order of the Long Haired Knights