Thread: My son's hair...

Length
    shave/6 in/TB
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by EdG View Post
    Thank you SarieQ!
    Ed
    Hey, it's hair like yours that inspires us all!

LIFE is a JOURNEY and not a DESTINATION!

Length
    <2"/SL/more!
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by SarieQ View Post
    Thank you, Tomm, and I'll pass the compliment along to him! I love your spirals!
    Thank you so much! My mother says that my hair looks like it did when I was a baby - I am so glad the curls still are there!

Length
    shave/6 in/TB
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lora410 View Post
    Well good for him for not caring about the teasing. Kids are just so mean these days and thats mainly becuase they lack discipline at home if you ask me. A huge congrats to your son
    Yes it's terrible how kids are these days, and I thought it was bad back in my day. I try to teach my kids to have manners and respect for adults and authority. I really feel for my kids to have all these rowdy one's for peers. My husband (who's in the military) has the problem of all these little eighteen year old kids who are fresh to the military and dealing with discipline for the first time in their lives. It's not pretty!

My boys got picked on by a bully on the walk home from school yesterday. My youngest doesn't care much, but my oldest DS (11) does. The bully was picking on youngest DS because of his hair and high pitched voice (he's 8, he's gunna have a high pitched voice!), and the kid is in the same class as oldest DS. I was really proud of him for standing up for his little brother by yelling back at him. Then the bully kicked my oldest in the back of the leg. I really wish they'd banded together then and put this kid in his place. The kid probably won't leave them alone now because he attacked and they didn't fight back. My oldest said he didn't want to fight back because the kid is bigger and I explained that the two of them together had more power to defend themselves against him. I'm not like most moms who don't want the kids to fight. I won't have my kids starting fights or being bullies themselves. However, I figure one good time of fighting back shows that they're not gunna take the crap and the bully will move on to someone else who will. I believe that standing up for yourself is something that should be taught and encouraged. Not always in terms of fighting, but when attacked there's no other alternative than to defend one's self.

I told the boys that the kid is probably jealous because his momma won't let him have long hair!

Length
    shave/6 in/TB
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    Thank you so much! My mother says that my hair looks like it did when I was a baby - I am so glad the curls still are there!
    That's cool that they haven't straightened out with age. I have always wanted ringlets like that!