Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hair evangelism?

Length
    ?/37/46
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Default Hair evangelism?

Do any of you have stories about hair evangelizing to people in real life (especially successfully?). I have a few, and they make me so happy.

(Just to clarify, this could be about hair tools [brushes, hair wraps, etc.], accessories [forks, sticks, pins, etc.], or practices [oiling, use of heat, etc.].)

I've told everyone who would listen about the wonders of U-shaped hairpins (as opposed to bobby pins), the glory and freedom that is a Tangle Teezer (my mother and one of my professors both got one because of my ranting about not getting mine sooner), and the evils that come with going to bed with wet hair.

Anyway, I'd love to hear any y'all have. I'm pretty new, so sorry if this is a repeat from somewhere.

Length
    long/term/term
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Default Re: Hair evangelism?

I told my niece about hair sticks and showed her how to do an Orchid bun. She got a hair stick and uses it.

Usually I do not discuss hair with others. Most suggest Locks of Love.
    Opting out of Friend Requests, thank you very much!

Length
    TBL34/KL48"/?
    Type
    2c/F/ii

I'm trying to refrain from discussing hair with others outside of the LHC. A lot of people just think it's weird or eccentric or vain. I love it and think of it as part hobby and part science experiment with a dash of rebelliousness. It's only shared with a select few who are respectful of how much it means to me and who are open-minded enough to really listen. I've given a
    Fine and Fragile TT to one family member about 4 years ago. She still loves it. And when she asked for new pillows recently, I gave her some satin pillowcases to go with them. Her response was, "This is the best gift right here!" She understands
    I pray for inner peace, family peace, world peace...Imagine whirled peas
    Opted out of the friends program, nothing personal

Length
    12/28.35/40
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

I don't have good (or even average) social skills for it. People use to ignore me.

Length
    27/57/???
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Not intentionally. But my little niece might be a convert, for now at least. She wants to grow her hair out like mine ��

Length
    waist/TB/long

Over the years I have given away numerous hair toys and head-coverings to family and friends. They all loved them. I have also taught most of them how to use them. Most of these ladies and girls still regularly use the items. I have also shared various ways of cleaning or conditioning their hair, most of which I have learned here. I have never suggested that anyone wear their hair long, so I don't think I have influenced anyone in that direction.

Length
    PX/CL/KL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by SandyBottom View Post
    I'm trying to refrain from discussing hair with others outside of the LHC. A lot of people just think it's weird or eccentric or vain.
    Pretty much this for me, too. My husband is, of course exempt because we live together, and he gets to witness the obession, but as far as preaching and giving advice, I usually don't unless I'm asked for help directly, and even then, it's never really to recommend things unless the asker wants it. Most of the time, I'll ask what they do on the daily, and what they use then try to work with that. I'll never say that what they chose to use on their hair is wrong, and they should switch, or use so-and-so instead because what works for me might not for them, and I don't ever want to be responsible for giving advice that isn't practical or sustainable for them, or God forbid, might make things worse. At the end of the day, haircare is very personal, and often times, they'll have to experiment on their own. I can for sure tell them what I do and use, but I make sure to let them know that if they try it, that they might not get the same results. I do what works for me, and if it turns out great, then woo, but my hair's not perfect, and I don't feel comfortable telling others what to do with theirs.
    ~~ Classic ~~ Fingertip ~~ Knee ~~ ? ~~

Love this post!

When I first discovered hair sticks / forks, I was SO excited I was telling everyone about them, lol.

Not that it did much good!

I have a family member with long hair,
    (and they have the exact same color, texture, thickness, and wave pattern as me, it is very obvious we are related)
    and I tried showing them a back of the head picture of me wearing one, so they could see how it would look on them too...
    as well as a youtube video how to guide of inserting one.
    And they were just not impressed

Since their hair (at the time) was the same length as mine, I know it would have worked so great for them too, but oh well!

Now that I've been using forks and sticks for years, I don't really bring them up anymore, now that I think about it.
    I guess because it's just become so normal to me?

But of course, if someone asked,
    I would show them how to use one, talk them up, etc.
    Last edited by Alexandrina; April 21st, 2024 at 09:56 PM.
    Much love to all my fellow long hair peoples!

~ ~

Length
    12/28.35/40
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

I forgot! I made a friend buy a hair kit for damaged hair.

Length
    20 SL/33 HL/45 CL
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii

I found someone who already had a sword hairstick, which I thought was amazing, and I got to tell her how many more kinds of buns there are than the one she was doing. I think I showed her how to do the nautilus bun, so that she had another one in her repertoire.