Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tessa Peay Long Hair Routine!

Length
    CBL/HL/FTL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Lightbulb Tessa Peay Long Hair Routine!

I have very recently come across a YouTube/TikTok/Instagram model who has an extensive hair care routine and has been sharing how she improved her hair.

I wonder what LHC members think of her routine? Do you think it will work long term? Her hair sure does look beautiful. I don't know how she can stand to sleep with a braid though, I wake up with mine either half out, under me and crinkled or worse, under DH and leaving me unable to move. I always go back to scrunchie or claw clip bun.

Length
    ?/48/Term
    Type
    1a/1b/M/iii

Default Re: Tessa Peay Long Hair Routine!

I don't mind it. It's what works for her hair, but it may or may not work for you. At times she's clearly catering to sponsors and partners, so it important to not take everything she says as truth. I personally can't put my hair in a scruchie or bun when I'm sleeping, so much like her, it's braided. You can try a tieable silk/satin bonnet if you want it braided, a lot of people have luck with them.
    Material Girling my way to longer hair.

Lady Nakime, Keeper of the Haired-Companions. Order of the Long Haired Knights.

Length
    CBL/HL/FTL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by BVU View Post
    I don't mind it. It's what works for her hair, but it may or may not work for you. At times she's clearly catering to sponsors and partners, so it important to not take everything she says as truth. I personally can't put my hair in a scruchie or bun when I'm sleeping, so much like her, it's braided. You can try a tieable silk/satin bonnet if you want it braided, a lot of people have luck with them.
    Ah yeah, I have my own routine thats working well for me, I'm just wondering what LHC members think of her content. I actually didn't see any of this super long hair for the younger generation online until after I cut my hair! So first time around I was just on LHC, and the hair forks and sticks culture didn't vibe with me so much, although o learned a lot. But this new tiktok super long hair trend has a lot of cute protective styles and ways I never considered, more suitable for my style!

Type
    1b/F/i/ii

May I give my honest opinion? Yes, her hair is very beautiful but I donīt take it at face value. Her content reminds me of models who claim *they woke up like dis* while in reality they have a ton of make-up on.
    Her thickness is genetic. I used to believe I could achieve such thickness if only I bought *those* products and did *that* hair routine steps. Guess what? It does not work if you have a i/ii genetic thickness like me. So Iīm not falling for those influencer lies any more. (It really baffles me why most hair influencers recommend scalp oiling, when for many many folks itīs the worst advice ever.)
    Yes, she makes the most of her genetic potential with probably great nutrition and great hair practices and uses good products to protect and nourish her length. BUT I donīt think she *wakes up with hair like that*. It seems to me (I may be wrong) that for each post, video/picture, her hair must be flat-ironed or curled, styled, blow-dried, etc. And thatīs universally true of social media: when you look at the picture, you are NOT seeing the whole picture.

Length
    Pixie/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

I will also give my honest opinion

She cares for her hair very well! She naturally has thick hair, clearly her before pictures are so damaged she lost some of that thickness. But, in the before we has waves. When comments ask about it. She says the weight of her hair makes it straight. That doesn't make sense, because the length would be pulled straighter but the ends would still spring up, nothing is pulling on them. The glossy and thick look actually reminds me most of a Brazillian Straightening Treatment, or some kind of relaxer. Her hair is gorgeous, but she certainly has no credentials to teach people in the comments with curly hair, how to take care of their curls (which people have been asking for).

Now again, this doesn't mean she's bad at caring for her hair. She clearly takes a lot of time and effort on her hair. Ultimately, I do think it is chemically straightened, naturally thick, and only people with hair like hers should be asking her for help. She's not a hair scientist, she just knows her own, personally tried and true methods.

...I really think it's been straightened
    Last edited by Chasemi; December 23rd, 2023 at 07:22 AM.
    P̶i̶x̶i̶e̶,̶ ̶C̶h̶i̶n̶,̶ ̶S̶L̶,̶ ̶C̶B̶L̶,̶ ̶A̶P̶L̶,̶ ̶B̶S̶L̶, WL

Length
    CBL/HL/FTL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Nefcerka View Post
    May I give my honest opinion? Yes, her hair is very beautiful but I donīt take it at face value. Her content reminds me of models who claim *they woke up like dis* while in reality they have a ton of make-up on.
    Her thickness is genetic. I used to believe I could achieve such thickness if only I bought *those* products and did *that* hair routine steps. Guess what? It does not work if you have a i/ii genetic thickness like me. So Iīm not falling for those influencer lies any more. (It really baffles me why most hair influencers recommend scalp oiling, when for many many folks itīs the worst advice ever.)
    Yes, she makes the most of her genetic potential with probably great nutrition and great hair practices and uses good products to protect and nourish her length. BUT I donīt think she *wakes up with hair like that*. It seems to me (I may be wrong) that for each post, video/picture, her hair must be flat-ironed or curled, styled, blow-dried, etc. And thatīs universally true of social media: when you look at the picture, you are NOT seeing the whole picture.
    Yes, I've noticed the trend in scalp oiling. Do you know why its touted as good or bad? I've heard some say it can stimulate growth and help nourish the scalp, heard others say it leads to dry scalp, infection and hair loss due to blocking the follicles and feeding demodex etc. So confused! I only use oil once a week approx, mostly in my ends, and wash it out within some minutes or hours. Other than that I avoid oils especially directed at my scalp in case!

Length
    CBL/HL/FTL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Chasemi View Post
    I will also give my honest opinion

She cares for her hair very well! She naturally has thick hair, clearly her before pictures are so damaged she lost some of that thickness. But, in the before we has waves. When comments ask about it. She says the weight of her hair makes it straight. That doesn't make sense, because the length would be pulled straighter but the ends would still spring up, nothing is pulling on them. The glossy and thick look actually reminds me most of a Brazillian Straightening Treatment, or some kind of relaxer. Her hair is gorgeous, but she certainly has no credentials to teach people in the comments with curly hair, how to take care of their curls (which people have been asking for).

Now again, this doesn't mean she's bad at caring for her hair. She clearly takes a lot of time and effort on her hair. Ultimately, I do think it is chemically straightened, naturally thick, and only people with hair like hers should be asking her for help. She's not a hair scientist, she just knows her own, personally tried and true methods.

...I really think it's been straightened
    Oh I didn't notice the waves before, interesting! Though I know some people's hair type changes over time... or maybe it was so damaged before (I know my fine hair is pin straight but if the ends are old and not cared for, and not trimmed, they curl! And also if I get layers they are wavy looking... but when long and healthy and trimmed, no waves at all, like her hair. So not sure about that one! Definitely possible she straightens, but since mine has also been that straight and long before, I think its more likely she uses a filter or editing (or not very crisp video) to smooth out imperfections and create a kind of angelic halo appearance where it all looks smooth and tidy. Now I just don't know to try rosemary water or not, I've been considering it for a while but who knows what is true when it's trending on tiktok!

Length
    APL/WL/TBL
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Her hair is genetically thick and gorgeous, and she clearly takes good care of it. But there's no way it's not straightened with either keratin treatment or flat iron. I don't believe a kardoune alone makes it that smooth.

Pretty girl.

Length
    Pixie/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by sarana View Post
    Her hair is genetically thick and gorgeous, and she clearly takes good care of it. But there's no way it's not straightened with either keratin treatment or flat iron. I don't believe a kardoune alone makes it that smooth.

Pretty girl.
    I agree! Nothing wrong with a chemical treatment, but I do think it's at play!

Length
    Pixie/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by fairy_hair View Post
    Oh I didn't notice the waves before, interesting! Though I know some people's hair type changes over time... or maybe it was so damaged before (I know my fine hair is pin straight but if the ends are old and not cared for, and not trimmed, they curl! And also if I get layers they are wavy looking... but when long and healthy and trimmed, no waves at all, like her hair. So not sure about that one! Definitely possible she straightens, but since mine has also been that straight and long before, I think its more likely she uses a filter or editing (or not very crisp video) to smooth out imperfections and create a kind of angelic halo appearance where it all looks smooth and tidy. Now I just don't know to try rosemary water or not, I've been considering it for a while but who knows what is true when it's trending on tiktok!
    Hmm thats fair as well. However, I'd be quite surprised based on how different the before and after are. Especially with the shine, and the fact that she is a model. Models often do treatments on their hair so it looks /perfect/ for shoots. I found a before picture, but it's kind of blurry

Regardless, if she has chemically straightened it or not, she takes good care of it. I love oiling my hair! Give it a try