Page 432 of 2812 FirstFirst ... 3323824224304314324334344424825329321432 ... LastLast
Results 4,311 to 4,320 of 28120

Thread: Wear hair up for a month/few months/year challenge!

Length
    ????/35.5/40
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Wear hair up for a month/few months/year challenge!

started out with a bunned dutch braid, now have a clip bun (from 4ypn0tica) on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2qzx8RKSO8) , linked in the articles. have it pinned at the highest part of my head and this may be a winner. This high it still looks good, so far is comfortable and is high enough I can still do savasana in yoga.
    'And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair' Khalil Gibran.
    ⌣⌢ (ˆ◡ˆ) ⌢⌣

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    chin/tb/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Kina View Post
    started out with a bunned dutch braid, now have a clip bun (from 4ypn0tica) on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2qzx8RKSO8) , linked in the articles. have it pinned at the highest part of my head and this may be a winner. This high it still looks good, so far is comfortable and is high enough I can still do savasana in yoga.
    That looks really nice, I hadn't seen it before. I like wearing all my buns really high, too. I'll have to try this tomorrow.

Length
    ?/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i

Day 48 - Some sort of mutant cross between a lazy wrap bun and a orchid bun. It's held beautifully all day. Now if only I can remember how I did it so I can do it again.......

~Proud member of the Renegray Gang~

Day 534--An English Braid
    Day 535--A Rope Braided Clippy Bun
    Day 536 (today) a Rope Braided Sock Bun w/ 4 sparkly bobby pins and a sparkly scarf woven through the rope braids.

Length
    APL/TB/TB
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Day 12: Cinnamon Bun with a hairstick (with a "poof" on top with a mini-beak clip)
    Day 13: Same as 12, but ponytailed later.
    Day 14: Um... either a "the bun that stays" from the styles articles, or a Gibraltar bun. Not sure which. I'm surprised it turned out nice, whichever it is.

After only 2 weeks of protective styles, I'm surprised to find that my hair seems to feel much softer! I think I'll keep this up. =)
    Last edited by SimplyViki; May 18th, 2009 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Forgot something

Length
    ????/35.5/40
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

day 16 - didn't have time to fiddle with my hair this morning, dutch braid, sadly unadorned.
    'And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair' Khalil Gibran.
    ⌣⌢ (ˆ◡ˆ) ⌢⌣

Length
    2"/Calf/evs
    Type
    1c/M/iii

Sat, May 16, Day 535: English braid under my bike helmet. And then not under my bike helmet for the rest of the day!
    Sun, May 17, Day 536: Cinnabun with eggplant ficcarissimo.

Today, Day 537: Cinnabun with eggplant ficcarissimo for the interlude between the English braid under the bike helmet for the ride to and from work.

Angel.....am I off a day or are you? Or am I just confused? (must be all that birthday cake....went right to my brain!)
    Islandgrrl - Izzie
    Calf length, heading south to lengths unknown.

Length
    SL/SL+/Waist
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/i/ii

day 108/575- I had an exam this morning, so it was a standard pinned bun. I changed it to a clipped bun this afternoon (the wind and rain storm after my exam dislodged a fair bit of my 'do)

Length
    chin/tb/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Day 154- after 4 different hairdos, my hair has finally cooperated with a lazy wrap bun with Wolfenwoods 'alabaster' stick.

Quote Originally Posted by angelthadiva View Post
    Day 534--An English Braid
    Day 535--A Rope Braided Clippy Bun
    Day 536 (today) a Rope Braided Sock Bun w/ 4 sparkly bobby pins and a sparkly scarf woven through the rope braids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Islandgrrl View Post
    Sat, May 16, Day 535: English braid under my bike helmet. And then not under my bike helmet for the rest of the day!
    Sun, May 17, Day 536: Cinnabun with eggplant ficcarissimo.

Today, Day 537: Cinnabun with eggplant ficcarissimo for the interlude between the English braid under the bike helmet for the ride to and from work.

Angel.....am I off a day or are you? Or am I just confused? (must be all that birthday cake....went right to my brain!)
    No, it's probably me. I haven't had any down days--Have you? Anything over twenty (fingers and toes) I'm screwed...So, I count on you to keep my days numbered correctly...Whoops, I posted correctly, my "today" was yesterday...I haven't posted yet today!

Today, after washing--Messy clippy Bun--Day 537

ETA: Birthday? Did I miss your birthday?