Page 3 of 2812 FirstFirst 1234513531035031003 ... LastLast

Thread: Wear hair up for a month/few months/year challenge!

Type
    1a/1b/M/C/iii

I envy all of you! I don't think I could wear my hair up an entire year, I had troule with a month!

But I swore myself, that I'll wear it up until Easter. One week in school is left, then two weeks vacation. So hopefully, when school starts again, the surprise effect is a bit bigger....
    At true tailbone!

Length
    ??/33/TERM

I jioned this challenge so that I would try new updos as I wear my hair up most of the time. Too hot and humid not this time of year. Have to admit to falling off the wagon though. and doing the same do for days on end.

Cheers
    Juanita

Length
    17/29ish/40dry
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Welcome newcomers! Glad to hear some of you also kept things up (teehee. I made a pun.) while LHC was down. And to those of you just starting, I wish you luck. We'll be here for moral support, eh?

Day 61: I wanted my hair to be a bit looser today, so I made a ponytail. Also wanted to be able to see the new color on my curls in the sunlight after work in the morning. It's been a long while since I've worn one and my hair has grown a bit, so I keep shaking my head to feel my hair hit my ears. Haha. I took a picture while it was still damp which I will update with a bit later. Will likely add pictures in the sun as well. Teehee.

ETA pictures! For some reason I'm very happy with and excited about my simple pomp and pony today. I think it's something in the henna. I also experimented with adding a bit of glycerin to my normal aloe + oil that I put on my head. Results are astounding. I'm 2/3rds of the way through my shift and the short frizzies that normally jump free of updos are still firmly in place.

Damp this "morning":

From the front (pardon the untamed mess of eyebrows):

And I took one at my desk just now 'cause the only other person on my shift tonight (we have a sicky) just left so I don't have to be mocked for taking a picture of the back of my head:

My curls seem looser today... Awesome!
    Last edited by Smokie; March 9th, 2008 at 05:21 AM.

Length
    pixie/clsc/term
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Day 69: I spent most of the day with my hair covered in henna and piled on top of my head, but now it's in a very messy french twist held with a pair of cheap (but very cute!) black and silver plastic hair sticks I got from Claire's.
    Lady Pyracantha, Firethorn in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    chin ~ shoulder ~ APL ~ BSL ~ waist ~ hip ~ TBL ~ classic ~ FTL ~ knee ~ term
    I like big buns and I cannot lie

Type
    2a/2b/F/i/ii

I haven't done this before but I will go for the one month challange. Hopefully it will prevent some splits which I have had a lot of lately >.<

Friend of the Semicolon florenonite's Avatar
    Length
    SL/MBL/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/iii

Right, I'm going to attempt this (again) for a month. I'm going to allow myself to wear my hair down for a few hours during the day if necessary (for instance, if I want to lie down on the bed, I'm not going to take out my bun and put in a braid, I'll just take out the bun and redo it when I get up). I'm going to bun my hair most days: I've got three different hairsticks and a fakkare (I think I prefer the sticks over the fakkare), but at least once a week attempt a different style. Tomorrow I'll try a herringbone braid, as I haven't tried one of those in ages. I'm going to manage this this time!
    Lady Nehalennia of the Mirrored-Seas in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

SL / APL / SBL / MBL / WL / HIP / BCL / TB

Length
    n/a/37"/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Smokie: Your hair looks gorgeous! And the ribbon makes a lovely contrast to your haircolour!

Day 2: Lazy day with really boring weather and I have a slight headache... My hair is still in my sleep braids and I will probably keep them all day. But at least all of my hair is contained.

Length
    1/4/short/n/a
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Thanks for the warm welcome Smokie! I had fun with the kids. It was great.

Day 7: Chinese Bun with a black stick and a little jewel flower accent (for anyone looking closely). Pics will be in my journal.

Length
    17/29ish/40dry
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Aww! Thanks Meli! The ribbon's for DBF. We don't have a home, so I don't really have a tree to tie a yellow ribbon 'round. I've taken to wearing them in my hair when I make styles that allow it. He likes it 'cause it's "Old School". And the haircolor's new. Yay henna!

SugarBabyDoll:
    Welcome to the challenge! Hopefully keeping the hair up will help prevent more splits. I started my challenge just after a good trim and have only recently taken to looking for splits while my hair's down to dry. I've only found one so far and it was on one of the short hairs that keep getting broken by my headset at work! Perhaps try oiling the ends well and often and keeping them tucked into your 'dos?

florenonite: Hey! Your hair is probably only an inch or so longer than mine! Let me know when you figure out new things you can do. I seem to be coming up short on ideas for myself lately. And welcome to the challenge to you too!

New hair color and the slightly looser curls I've always wanted (could just be from being braided so much and then only dampened and scrunched instead of washed, but a girl can hope!) from henna are making my challenge much more difficult. I want to leave it down and feel it on my shoulders and be able to stare at the color all the time. Ugh.. I was -not- having these problems the last two months. What happened?

Le sigh.. Perhaps I'll try sleeping with it down today. I haven't done that since joining LHC. Might curb my desire a bit.

Length
    17/29ish/40dry
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by AJoifulNoise View Post
    Thanks for the warm welcome Smokie! I had fun with the kids. It was great.

Day 7: Chinese Bun with a black stick and a little jewel flower accent (for anyone looking closely). Pics will be in my journal.
    Bah! Post pictures here! I always loved your pictures in the old hair-up thread. Besides, I don't want to be the only one posting shots of my hair every day. **pouts profusely** You have to admit the thread needs more pictures.

Taking shots of my hair has become my favorite method of making sure I'm happy with a 'do. Haha. My photobucket account has grown quite a bit thanks to LHC and I think DBF is beginning to grow weary of seeing only pictures of the back of my head. That's why I took a picture of my face today.