Page 2 of 2812 FirstFirst 123412521025021002 ... LastLast

Thread: Wear hair up for a month/few months/year challenge!

Length
    17/29ish/40dry
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

AJoifulNoise: Good to see you in here too! And welcome(ish?) to the challenge! Enjoy the kids today!

CaraLynn: Welcome back to the challenge! With any luck, this thread will wind up as full of ideas and pictures as the last three. How long are you going for?

Length
    n/a/37"/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I'm on this challenge as well! I've been far too obsessed with S&D-ing while LHC was down (probably some kind of withdrawal, LOL), and I'm also experiencing a growth stall at the moment. So I really should put my hair up and forget about it for a while For me, the real challenge is not so much wearing it up, but to not measure after every wash and not S&D for at least one month. I will only allow myself to measure on the 1st every month.

Today is day one and my hair is up in a Soft Nautilus bun held with a homemade hairstick.

Length
    19"/31"/hip
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I had a goal of one month up and made that goal before LHC crashed. Then I kinda let it slip. I wear my hair up most days anyway, but now I'm gonna try again to have it up every day.

My rules: two braids count as up (this is my favorite last-minute 'do), it is ok to leave it down when it is drying, and for special occasions I can leave it down. Hope I can go for a month!
    Lady Enyo of the Brave Victory in the Order of the Longhaired Knights

Length
    17/29ish/40dry
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Meli: Welcome! I've actually never done the S&D thing, though I feel I should give it a whirl sometime. I've only ever seen one or two splits in my hair. They're hard to see with the curls! I'm also doing this challenge so I'll stop obsessing so much about length. Obsessing about how many ways I can put my hair up is totally acceptable. :P

AnneAdeline: Welcome back to the challenge! And two braids totally count as up. Pretty sure that's been a common rule save for people who were using the challenge to get away from simply braiding their hair every day and learn new buns and things.

Good luck y'all! I'm about to go to bed. Think it's staying in my french braid though I may untuck the ends.

Curls & Kinks Galore! nappywomyn's Avatar
    Length
    bald/17/38
    Type
    4b/F/M/ii/iii

Oooh! HI again, all! I was part of the hair up for a year challenge - but I don't remember when I started... I know I was around day 13 or so when the board went down, and I've stuck to it since then..... so - I dunno, how long was the board down?

I'm REALLY enjoying my hair MORE now, it seems....and it seems to be responding REALLY well to what I'm doing....or not doing, more precisely.

{~*~} Nappydelphia (updated!) {~*~} Official Bibliodragon {*}

Length
    shldr/class/dunno
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

I'm not officially part of the "wear hair up for x amt of time" club, but since I started specifically growing my hair a year or two ago, I've kept it up in a bun or braided probably at least 90% of the time. I've started leaving it loose but tossed over my pillow when I sleep, and while being home sick I've left it down a fair amount, just because it makes me feel better and I'm otherwise miserable when home sick, haha. But so far as being outside, near other people? Up, up! :] I have to specifically plan/try to keep my hair down if I want to or if it's been requested.
    Lady Nêssa of the Fair-Feathered Flight in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Account Closed by Member Request

Day 108, French braided after CWC to dry...Looking for some killer waves for tomorrow

Length
    SL/SL+/Waist
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/i/ii

I fell off the wagon my second "wear hair up" challenge when LHC was down *slaps wrist* I did a month from 11th Dec-11th Jan, and had aout 2 1/2 ins growth, so I might start another one soon...

Glad to be back!!!

Length
    ?/knee/ankle

I wasn't part of this before, but I was starting to think it would be a good idea. I wear my hair up almost all the time anyway but I would like to learn a few more styles instead of doing the same bun everyday. Also my hair is a bit past classic now so I need to rethink what I can do with it...

I think I will try for one month with a new style everyday (I really hope the old boards are available again soon!)

Account Closed by Member Request

I am a participant of the year challenge and am on day 99. Wow, I have to do some special updo tomorrow, as it's going to be my 100th day with hair up!