Thread: Brahmi and Bhringraj

Length
    cl/apl/???
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Default Brahmi and Bhringraj

Does anyone have experience using brahmi or bhringraj? I have heard they can improve hair growth and strength, but I have also heard that they can change the color of hennaed hair. Do they only change the color if they are mixed in with the henna, or will they change the color of already hennaed hair if used in a separate deep conditioning treatment?

Length
    pixie/16"/???
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/iii

Default Re: Brahmi and Bhringraj

I use bhringraj oil all the time, and I have never noticed any colour change. My brand is Pukka Bhringraj oil.

I haven't tried brahmi, although I do have some and I'd like to. I have bhringraj powder, too, which I haven't tried.
    Virgin hair; apparently auburn! CV bars/conefree CO, Panacea, oil, cassia. Want to try: sidr, catnip.
    1" Pixie (3.3.13), now 16" (1.2.14), mini goal 23", BSL 28", WL 36", TB 42", Classic 50", Knee 62"

Length
    Apl/Bsl+/Waist
    Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

I've used both with henna and separately for deep conditioning...Haven't noticed any color change.
    SL-APL-BSL-MBL-WAIST-HIP
    **Almost there!!!**

Length
    1"/Waist/Floor
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii/iii

They never altered my color.

I used to use bhringraj oil on my scalp when I was trying to get it to grow. I don't know if it did that, but I liked it.

There are 2 plants called brahmi - the hesh brand is Herpestis Monniera, and gotu kola is also called brahmi.. I love gotu kila it feels like a protein treatment on my hair. I've never tried the other kind

Length
    cl/apl/???
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

The one I was referring to is the Herpestis Monniera, or it is also called Bacopa Monnieri. I purchased some from Henna Sooq because it is supposedly good for your scalp and for reducing hair loss.

I was shedding like crazy for a couple months due to hormonal issues caused by birth control pills, so my hair has thinned out considerably. Now that it is under control, I want to make sure the remainder of my hair and the little baby hairs growing back in are in the best condition as possible. I love the bright color of the henna though, and I wanted to make sure it won't dull it down or make it darker.

Thanks for the responses!

Length
    20./Bald/40
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Depends on your starting color. All the respondees have dark hair so the herbs won't affect the color. If you are light haired, it might but just slightly.
    AKA MotoGirl... April 2013- BSL!!!