Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Join the Battle against Split Ends!

Length
    20.5/20.5/40
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Join the Battle against Split Ends!

Split ends are the bane of my existence. Every time I look down at my hair, I see them and they look back at me with evil in their eyes. I do microcuts every once in a while with a real pair of hair scissors, and sometimes if I have the patience and time I'll sift through my hair one by one and cut off the little 2-3 headed devils. If I really had to get rid of them, I'd have to get my hair chopped right under my ears, and I will not do that... so it's going to be a long battle trying to repair this poor mess I've made of these fine threads.

Length
    cbl/ftl/knee
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

I find it hard to see and I cant really tell which hairs are split, even when inspecting the ends of my braids which I know have to have some splits just because of the texture and the abuse my old hair at the bottom went through. So I never s&d... I just do 1/2 inch trims twice a year to keep my ends in check.

Quote Originally Posted by Noreth View Post
    I S&D maybe every other night, though I should do it more often seeing as my ends fail at not splitting. I still trim, too, since I can't see the hair in the back.
    Braids are definitely a blessing and a curse; I love that I can get the splits so easily with them, but hate that I can't wear them anywhere!
    Why cant you wear them anywhere? If your hair is really long you can always loop them up or make little bun at the base (think sailor moon) to eat some length. I like doing two braids down my back, one on top with the top half of my hair and then another one on the bottom. If you have shorter hair or thicker hair it's easier to wear it in two braids, I think. My hair has gotten long enough to do a single braid in the back but I still wear it in two because it's easier to avoid my grown out "bangs" from falling out. And easier to braid with how thick my hair is. Haha.
    Last edited by cat11; August 19th, 2014 at 12:14 PM.
    ۞
    Lady Tyet, Weaver of the Endless Strands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    15/36,5/40
    Type
    1a/1b/C/ii/iii

doing S&D every three moths or so