Thread: ACV Spray

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Default ACV Spray

So I read on the LHC facebook page that some papple don't rinse out thier ACV, but just leave it in. I've been spraying it on my dry hair and it's kinda nice. I'm wondering if I should do it damp?

Also, what's the differences between rinsing it out and just spraying/leaving it in? And what are the benefits of leaving it in?
    i know using it restores the pH balance but why leave it in?

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Default Re: ACV Spray

Personally, I rinse it through my hair. I usually dilute enough that I can drench my hair and scalp 2-3 times. In my mind, this seems like a good way to wash the excess minerals from my water out of my hair, which is my intent. (Does it really? I don't know. Probably would do more if I used distilled water, huh?) Simply spritzing a bit on wouldn't do that.

On the other hand, if you're doing it because it makes your hair and/or scalp feel good, spritz away. Just be aware that anything that doesn't evaporate (say, the mother and any solids in the vinegar that make it opaque) is going to stay on your hair til you wash it, so you'll still want to dilute it well. You'll also want to make sure it doesn't get nasty in the spray bottle once diluted, since it won't be so strongly acidic anymore and more bugs might grow in it.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Length
    SL/APL/MB
    Type
    2a/2b/F/i

Wait. There's an LHC FB page? Imagine that.

I would guess it depends on your reason for ACVing. I've started using it for hard water. Wouldn't make sense to ACV out the hardness, only to rinse it back in shortly after , so I just leave it.

I put a little bit in a squirt mustard bottle and dilute with water, and use it that way. A 20oz bottle gets me maybe four uses, and it also does a cold rinse, 'cause there ain't no way I'm turning down the shower temp. in the winter!
    Everything in the world is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons, and morons.

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

I think I'm going to start just using it as a rinse again. I like to use it to get the cones out. I'm not sure why people just spray it on, i did it about twice so far. It gave my pretty straight hair wurls, but that might have been because I didn't finger comb it :P but they were pretty !

Length
    9/31/33
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I dilute mine and put it in a spray bottle because I don't like doing rinses, and it works nicely. To me it doesn't really matter whether I do it on damp or dry hair, I always get nice results.

Sad Pixie//Chin//Shoulder//APL//BSL//MBL//Waist
    Ultimate goal: Waist and Henna Free!

Length
    13/22/36
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Whenever I've tried to leave it in, it makes my hair limp and greasy looking but I never shower without using it as a rinse...does amazing things for my hair!

Length
    BSL/MBL/TBL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/iii

I do an ACV rinse in the shower. I have two squirt bottles. The first one contains about 2 tablespoons of raw ACV with the mother and then I fill it with distilled water. After I SC, I squeeze out all the excess water and then I work the ACV rinse through my hair. After I've let it sit for a minute or two, I use the second squirt bottle (filled only with distilled water) to rinse the ACV out of my hair. The reason I do this is because I have hard water where I live and this helps keep those minerals out of my hair. As a result, my hair is much softer.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    bald/Hip:)/termi
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Is it really OK to leave the ACV in the hair though? I'm confused, I read some people say it's best not to leave it in your'e supposed to rinse it out, but some people have said they leave it in and it's fine that way.