Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is virgin hair important to you?

Length
    20.5/21.5/34
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Default Is virgin hair important to you?

I'm torn. I just did a henna gloss, and it came out perfect, just warmed my medium/ dark brown hair to a chocolatey color. Nothing hard to grow out. But I'm feeling like when my hair gets long, I'd really like to have it all natural. No other colors. Let my dozen or so greys just be.

I'd love the chocolate covered cherry look with henna, the shine, the strength. But I'd also love to have my hair all my own color. I know henna isn't something to be taken lightly and I've heard the gloss may wash away if it's the first time. Or fade a bit. So it's now or never and I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

I don't want to deal with roots but I would love to have that pretty color. This might be one of those things that I'd wish I'd done but never did. But I'd rather have all my own color I think, and use cassia as needed to shine it up.

What about you! Is this something you struggle with? Wanting a change but...not?
    Goal is hip!!

Slightly Frosted FrozenBritannia's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/TB/45+
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Default Re: Is virgin hair important to you?

I used to dye my hair a different colour every month, but after various happenings I let it grow in natural and don't have any real intention of colouring it again. There is a bit of dye residue on the ends still but it will get trimmed off eventually.

I still get the urge to do something different with my hair though, the dye colours are tempting.
    Lady Britannia of Mergatroyd, Seer of the Dancing Lights, in the order of The Long Haired Knights.

Length
    BSL/26.5"/HIP
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Ha, well for me the change would be virgin hair. I'm really happy with my henna colour and the effect it's had on my hair, though. I think my thoughts of virgin hair are more curiosity than anything - I've been some sort of redhead for nearly four years now, and I wonder sometimes what it would be like to be blonette again. Someday, virgin hair will be my goal...

I'd rather be outside browneyedsusan's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/TBL/???
    Type
    1b/F/ii

It used to be, but not anymore! I'm loving my henna, and may someday dilute it with more cassia to embrace my grays, but I'm just not ready for the possum head look yet.

I love the salt and pepper on other people,--or salt!-- I just don't like it on me.
    Last edited by browneyedsusan; September 7th, 2012 at 09:19 AM. Reason: added sentence.

Type
    2b/M/iii

Yes, virgin hair is important to me. Why? Because I love the natural shine and softness and the way it feels.

If you wish to change your color, go for it...but be wary and use something that will not change your original color or harm your hair.

Length
    Tbl/Apl/Jaw
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

I highlight my hair and i don't miss having totally virgin hair, the only thing i regret is not doing it properly from the start. When i started the bleach highlights i had them done just like any other 'normal' person and my hair got very dry and weak, now i apply coconut oil before i bleach and the hair which has been done after starting this feels like virgin hair it has been so protected. For me the condition of my hair is most important now, so if i can have it the colou i want and also have it in good condition then thats perfect to me
    CO washer - Grahtoe - Dresses only - De-clutterer - LHC addict

Length
    TBL/TBL/KL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

I loved dying my hair. It felt like a new pampered me every time I did it. Virgin hair isn't important to me at all. I henna now.
    Lady Amber, High Priestess of Viva Naturalis, in the order of The Long Haired Knights.
    Using Curly Girl approved haircare... but being utterly neglectful of my curls....
    Longest Length: TBL Current: TBL Goal: Knee Length

Length
    Buzz/Calf/Class

I can never give up henna. To me I love to have a pampering ritual once in awhile, because a happy me means a happy healthy hair. Do what makes you happy, and that is all that matters.

Length
    Chin/APL+/?
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Virgin hair is not important to me. As long as it is healthy and I like it, that is fine. That said, I really like my own color and type, so I think I will keep it virgin.
    Just a small selection of hairstyles I have done
    My Brand-new blog: http://hairdiarydash.blog.com
    Password: LHC

Length
    Shorn/Shoul/hip
    Type
    4a/4b/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by DancingQueen View Post
    Virgin hair is not important to me. As long as it is healthy and I like it, that is fine. That said, I really like my own color and type, so I think I will keep it virgin.
    This.

Virgin hair isn't that important to me either. When it comes to coloring, anyway. When I think of virgin hair (natural hair), I think of hair that has not had its texture changed. I wouldn't hesitate to change my hair color, if that's what I wanted and I might even do something to change my texture in the future, but I really don't put a lot of emphasis on my hair being virgin or whatever anymore. It's more important that I am happy with my hair. And my virgin hair is time consuming...