Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is virgin hair important to you?

Length
    26"/32.5"/...
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Is virgin hair important to you?

Gah, I'm still undecided whether I should grow all of the henna out and go full-on virgin (which won't happen for like 10 years anyway ) or if I should just continue hennaing but with more added cassia so that the color is not that rich and dark. I like my original hair color - it suits me better - but I love how healthy, shiny and thick my hair is while hennaed.
    One stitch at a time ...

Length
    PIXIE/WAIST/WAIST
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Eh I find the whole "virgin" hair thing a myth. Virgin from what? The sun? That bleaches it. Salt water? Commercial products like Sun-In, Manic Panic or permanent dye? Natural products like henna and indigo?

The stuff that grows out of my head will never look like the stuff on the bottom, even if I never dye it. I don't understand why I'd value the color of something. I mean, I understand in terms of damage, but most of us know how to prevent that damage. I don't care how much microscopic damage happens, if my dyed hair looks like my natural hair in terms of smoothness, shine, strength etc. then there's no difference to me.

Furthermore it raises the question of veggie dye or henna affecting virginity. Both are non-damaging, yet one is impermanent whereas the other is permanent. If I consistently used veggie dyes (where I never let my hair fade back to "virgin") but the opportunity to fade back existed, is my hair dyed or virgin?
    long hair aesthetic とゞヤ

Healthy hair is the most important to me =)

Right now I love my virgin hair, this is when my hair is the most healthy, and I like the fact that I can accept it the way it is (I spent half of my life denying it). But if you feel like changing it, go ahead, your hair is there for you to enjoy, just make sure to keep it healthy so you won't hate it afterwards =)
    Hennahead

Length
    Pixie/Waist/35"?
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Virgin hair IS important to me. I have dyed my hair so long I just want it to be 100% mine again, if I felt differently henna may tempt me some day.. but I doubt I'd do it. I have some bleach left on the ends still being trimmed out and I'm almost done. I love bun waves and any waves and curls but I like wearing my hair the way it comes out of my head often too, just because it is that way! *shrug* I'm no where in love with my color but I plan on keeping it.
    _1b / F / i/ii__... Forever Growing _
    Chin SHL APL BSL Waist Hip BCL

Length
    19"/20.5"/33"
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

The most important thing to me is not having a line that shows a change in color. I had never done anything to alter the color of my hair before finding this forum and reading about Henna. Since then I've done several henna glosses on my golden blonde hair.

Fortunately for me, they fade out in about 2 weeks. No line of demarcation or anything. And I feel good because even though it's color, it's still "natural" and really more of an enhancement of my natural color than anything.

I would never want to go full on Red or anything though. Too drastic, and I'd have to do a bunch of upkeep to keep the roots the same color. my desire to stay as natural as possible is really just because I'm low maintenance.

Length
    Ear/BSL/Term
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i

Not dying my hair is important to me. I'm on a journey of self-acceptance, and accepting my hair without intentional alterations is part of that.

Yes the sun does bleach my hair but that's just from having hair and being outside. I don't think that counts.

Length
    SL/FTL/FTL
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I had virgin hair for a long time. I loved it, and it was healthy and beautiful. I refused to dye my hair mostly because I was nagged to bleach it or put in highlights (my hair has truly incredible natural blond streaks already) and keeping it natural was the most effective form of rebellion when everyone was demanding I change. Last year I lightened my hair a lot, because I wanted to go lighter. The only regret I had about not having "virgin" hair anymore is that my hair was quite damaged and fragile after, and the color turned brassy right away, so I had to dye over it again. Now I have a bit of an ombre effect going on, and since I started lightening my roots with honey, the color line has softened and faded. I'm loving the color again. I'm going to keep lightening it.

If dying your hair makes you happy, and you can keep it healthy, then who cares if it's virgin or not? Does having un-virgin hair make it somehow not your hair?

I went to school with a girl who had beautiful extensions. Our chorus teacher was picking on her, saying it wasn't her hair. Her response was, "I bought it, it's my hair!" Brilliant.

So, if you buy your color from a box, it's still yours — really yours — unless you stole it. Do what you like.

Length
    28/40/46
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

Having virgin hair is important to me. So many blonette people go and dye their hair because it is "ugly" and "boring." I've decided to accept and enjoy mine. Also, I spent many years dying and altering my hairstyles to please my ex-bf. Now that I'm with someone who loves me for who I am, I'm going to do what I want with my hair. This means growing out my dye and layers.
    Grow grow grow!

Length
    28/40/46
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by holothuroidea View Post
    Not dying my hair is important to me. I'm on a journey of self-acceptance, and accepting my hair without intentional alterations is part of that.

Yes the sun does bleach my hair but that's just from having hair and being outside. I don't think that counts.
    I feel the same way. I want to accept my hair color for what it is. I don't count the sun highlights either. That's a natural thing to happen when you're outside and have dirty blonde hair.
    Grow grow grow!

Tries to Help Everyone jacqueline101's Avatar
    Length
    slh/Hip/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/iii

Virgin hair isn't important to me I like to do the temporary colors. I gave up the harsh permanate dyes and chemicals.

http://51303.photobucket.com/user/ja...ker101/profile
    Some say I'm nearing hip and my fat ate the hair I'm jacqueline101 not a pronoun
    jacquelinewalker101.blogspot.com