Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CO washing transition period?

Length
    2/29/30
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: CO washing transition period?

a) About a month or so.

b) My hair was limp and stringy and my scalp became greasy in less than 12 hours.

It's very important to find a good conditioner that suits you. I experimented a lot in the first two months (cones vs. no cones, diluted vs. undiluted, with or without ACV rinse etc.). Now I CO every third to fifth day and clarify once a month and my hair and scalp are both very happy
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.
    Try again. Fail again. Fail better. (S. Beckett)

Woah, I seem to have missed some of these replies somehow O.o but thank you everyone. I think I will try clarifying again, with either a proper clarifying shampoo or ACV. And I think I'll get rid of the Garnier.

So, one last question, do you think I should stick to using the tresemme naturals (does that count as a heavy conditioner? it just seems it like it to me but I'm not certain), or should I try to find a lighter conditioner to use?

And again, thank you all I love this forum, everyone is so nice and helpful

And OMG, thank you Tota, you've given me hope again

Length
    24BSL/35TBL/42 CL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by T.J View Post
    Woah, I seem to have missed some of these replies somehow O.o but thank you everyone. I think I will try clarifying again, with either a proper clarifying shampoo or ACV. And I think I'll get rid of the Garnier.

So, one last question, do you think I should stick to using the tresemme naturals (does that count as a heavy conditioner? it just seems it like it to me but I'm not certain), or should I try to find a lighter conditioner to use?

And again, thank you all I love this forum, everyone is so nice and helpful
    I use Tressemme and love it, but you're going to try out some different products to see what works best. What works for one person won't work for another. Personally, I don't like really light conditioners, so maybe that's why Tressemme works well for me?
    See the evolution of my hair over the last two years.

I use Tressemme and love it, but you're going to try out some different products to see what works best. What works for one person won't work for another. Personally, I don't like really light conditioners, so maybe that's why Tressemme works well for me?
    Hm, I guess you're right, I am going to have to experiment. unfortunately I don't really have the money to do that, I was hoping my hair would actually co-operate for once but I'll try the tresemme for a little bit longer, purely because I love the smell of it

hm... I actually did not have a transition period... like some people recommended, before I started CO washing I clarified my hair, I used diluted baking soda for it, followed by a ACV rinse. I also use garnier triple nutrisse for CO washing, mostly because granier is the only cone-free conditioner I found in my country (or at least on the region I live in it). I hope you get to find out what's wrong.

There also the official CO wash thread http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...9&pp=25&page=5 maybe someone will help =)
    Hennahead

There also the official CO wash thread http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...9&pp=25&page=5 maybe someone will help =)
    For some reason its not letting me open that thread Though I think its my internet thats at fault.

But could I just ask, the baking soda thing, could you explain? Do you just dilute it (and by how much?) and then just use as a normal shampoo?

Length
    APL/BCL/TB
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Smile Re: CO washing transition period?

Hi!

First, You are not alone! Before I started Co washing I had to wash every day or my scalp looked oily. I DID have a transition period for sure. For about 2 weeks I just put my hair up and let it be kinda... blah. After a few weeks of every other day co washing things started looking up. I use Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut Conditioner. My scalp is really sensitive to dyes and perfumes so I only use the Coconut because it is dye free! It's a very light weight conditioner which I discovered is a must for me. Also, Clarifying with baking soda makes all the difference. I did it once each week at first, but now I just clarify when I feel like my hair needs a pick me up. To clarify with baking soda I just grab a medium sized bowl and dump some baking soda in. I take the bowl in the shower and fill it with warm water and stir. When the baking soda is dissolved I plop my hair into the bowl, comb the water through my hair with my fingers, and then pour the baking soda water over my scalp while massaging it in. That's it. I condition like normal and go about my day. Both the conditioner and the baking soda are super cheap and my hair looks and feels great. I hope you find a CO solution that works for you. Don't give up, keep trying things!

Hi!

First, You are not alone! Before I started Co washing I had to wash every day or my scalp looked oily. I DID have a transition period for sure. For about 2 weeks I just put my hair up and let it be kinda... blah. After a few weeks of every other day co washing things started looking up. I use Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut Conditioner. My scalp is really sensitive to dyes and perfumes so I only use the Coconut because it is dye free! It's a very light weight conditioner which I discovered is a must for me. Also, Clarifying with baking soda makes all the difference. I did it once each week at first, but now I just clarify when I feel like my hair needs a pick me up. To clarify with baking soda I just grab a medium sized bowl and dump some baking soda in. I take the bowl in the shower and fill it with warm water and stir. When the baking soda is dissolved I plop my hair into the bowl, comb the water through my hair with my fingers, and then pour the baking soda water over my scalp while massaging it in. That's it. I condition like normal and go about my day. Both the conditioner and the baking soda are super cheap and my hair looks and feels great. I hope you find a CO solution that works for you. Don't give up, keep trying things!
    Today 05:55 PM
    Ah, I'm so glad I'm not the only one who has had difficulties with this. Thank you, I'll definitely be using the baking soda idea

Length
    Nape/Shldr/BSL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/i/ii

I used tresemme naturals for COing and found that it worked great for me. Never had any issues with build-up or a transition phase.