Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Henna vent (long)

Type
    2a/2b/F/i

Default Re: Henna vent (long)

To me it sounds like you got some deep rooted self esteem issues. I am familiar with those, and when I feel insecure I tend to be very judgemental towards myself. I also overthink things, just like you.

But I've lost a lot in my live, people I've loved, pets, lived with someone who had severe illness...so whenever I start to get insecurities about my looks or my weight or whatever, I try to remember those sad and difficult moments in my life because they've taught me what's really important in life; to be healthy and to give love and receive love.

Hair wise I would suggest you could try henna with some indigo to achieve the burgundy tone. Make sure you use high dye content henna, like Yemen or Red Raj. You might have to do a few full head applications. I received burgundy on my fair hair like that. Henna itself might even be enough if you use high dye content henna and let sit for several hours or overnight. Good luck and rty to remember that it's - after all although we tend to forget - only hair. And it grows all the time

Oh, the humidity! woolyleprechaun's Avatar
    Length
    1inch/38/??
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

I saw you on the henna thread...Both you and your hair are GAWJUSS!!!! I see no pinky-ness, just a lovely bright copper. Its not far off what my blonder bits go when I henna, and I always wish I could have more like it!
    Chin up, you're lovely
    Now measuring in at 37 inches, or BCL. Classic by Christmas '15 is a real possibility! Yeah, that's my clothes horse in the pic. I'm that glam.
    Lady Maurelle of the Soggy Nation

I'd rather be outside browneyedsusan's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/TBL/???
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by raingirl View Post
    For those asking what my current colour is - I posted a few pics on page...341 of the show your henna hair thread.
    OMG!!! I went back and checked: you're the girl with that gorgeous spiral lock of hair in the edge of your picture!!!! Holey mackerel! that color is amazing!

*covet*

I can't believe that's you! I'm so jealous, I'm tempted to be mean to you, now. --just teasing!

Can I have that color?
    please?

henna keeps it
    red, and red makes me happy.
    Pixied for 15+ years and liked it.
    Growing for fun.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    pixie/26/term
    Type
    1b/F/ii

This has been mentioned already, but 2-3 hours is not nearly long enough for what you're needing from henna. You're needing deep coverage on light colored hair and it will most likely take several overnight applications to get where you want to be. Henna is translucent, so when it's applied over a light shade of hair, it's simply going to be lighter. That's why people do repeated applications for very long periods of time. I think you need to give henna a chance before you decide to pack it in.

That being said, as a natural redhead, be prepared for attention. Lots of it will be nice attention, but not all of it will. I was never one to like attention, so I've spent most of my life dyeing my hair any color but red. Having a certain haircolor seems like it might help, (I know it did for me!) but it is really just hair, it doesn't change who you are. It won't fix any problems, it can be fun though, and the process is enjoyable.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by raingirl View Post
    And the comments from co-workers don't help, calling me flame head and whatnot. I guess it doesn't help that I don't work with ANY women and it's all men joking around.
    Do they know it bugs you? (I work with almost all men too, but when they tease me it's good-natured and because they like me. It's when they don't tease me that I worry... means they don't feel comfortable enough to do it, for some reason. If I walked in with red hair one day, they'd definitely say something. If they didn't, I'd worry-- because it would either be that they thought it looked awful so making fun of me would be too close to the truth, or they'd think that I was really insecure about it so they shouldn't say anything which is no fun either if it's not true!)

I'd love to henna my hair, but unlike you I'm too chicken to ever try it! I'm too afriad I wouldn't like it (or that I'd be bad about upkeep and always have horrible roots. I know me too well). But like you, I "feel" like a redhead (I always have, ever since I was a little kid I've wanted to dye my hair red). (But, I do like my natural color okay too as it's sort of interesting [my hair is very weird. It's like a light brown/honey blond, but in artificial light it's quite ashy as if it's a cool light brown, yet has definitely golden tones in sunlight as if it's a warm light brown. And I have strands of all different colors, ranging from fine pure-gold strands to coarse black ones, and every shade in between from brown to reddish-brown. The interesting-ness is part of the reason I've not seriously considered henna-- I would hate to lose that, in a way].)
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Length
    23.75/24/30
    Type
    2a/F/i

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I was away for the long weekend so I didn't get to post back until now!

I'm glad I posted this because it made me realize that I do want it to be darker, instead of going back to blond.

So I took the plunge and did another full henna. I really really like how dark it is this time. I mixed the henna powder with a really really potent mix of instant coffee and water (testing that out to see if it helps remove DHT at my scalp for my thinning issue). I tried my best to leave it on for 4 hours. I started putting it on around 5PM and washed it off around 9PM, so not bad.

I might try overnight next time.

So yeah, I really want to find a way to go darker...this should be interesting.

Henna gone, at APL now!
    You often meet your destiny on the road you've taken to avoid it