Thread: Suns lightened hair... Now I have dark roots. :/

Length
    15/24/33
    Type
    3a/M/ii

Default Suns lightened hair... Now I have dark roots. :/

I was in Florida for about 6 weeks, and my light gold hair went almost white due to the sun. Now my hairs grown, the roots look really dark. I don't want to dye my hair but my hair looks so bad with the dark roots.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Herbivore
    Length
    58cm/103cm/tb
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Default Re: Suns lightened hair... Now I have dark roots. :/

Try cassia? If you get good quality and let it dye release it colours very light hair golden. My mother uses it to cover her greys.

Length
    15/24/33
    Type
    3a/M/ii

Isilme, I haven't heard of cassia before, I looked it up and it looks amazing! Thank you for the suggestion!!!

Length
    chin/APL/MBL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

I'm not sure if this is possible, but I always have lighter hair in the summer, but find that it turns darker again in the winter? It's not logical at all, it's just what happens to my hair.I have dark reddish brown hair. Maybe you could wait a bit? Sorry I can't be any more helpful. the cassia sounds like a good idea. If it doesen't work for the color, at least it will boost the quality.

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

My mom started bleaching my hair when I was in middle school because of the dark roots when summer was over. She was afraid the ladies at church would think I bleached my hair, so she bleached it at the roots so that it wouldn't look bleached. Crazy beans!

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by MissAlida View Post
    I'm not sure if this is possible, but I always have lighter hair in the summer, but find that it turns darker again in the winter? It's not logical at all, it's just what happens to my hair.I have dark reddish brown hair. Maybe you could wait a bit? Sorry I can't be any more helpful. the cassia sounds like a good idea. If it doesen't work for the color, at least it will boost the quality.
    Mine has always done this too, so your not alone! Cassia is a nice treatment however it did give me daffodil yellow hair for a week or so, the lighter your hair the more yellow it will go but it doesn't show up on anything darker than light brown!
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Length
    chin/APL/MBL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

jojo Good to know I'm not imagining things.

Length
    ?/26/30++
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

But that grown-out roots look is 'in' right now - ombre! Embrace how trendy you are...

Seriously, many people have this naturally (my DH is one of them) - you could just enjoy the fact that you have gotten enough sun to get your hair that blonde, and work on deep moisture treatments to minimize the damage...

As a former blonde who does go lighter in the sun, I notice that not only is my hair darkening with age, but also that the better condition it's in, the less it does lighten...hard to tell, though, because we usually do not get much sun where I live now.
    Feb 2013, solid BSL again but shedding. Wondering if this is really terminal length. Hairtype 1b/2b, F/M, ii

Type
    3a/3b/F/iii

My hair is a completely different color at the ends than the roots, because my ends are 2.5 years old and I live in a high desert climate. I kind of like it. But then, mine is gradual.

Length
    15/24/33
    Type
    3a/M/ii

Katze , for some reason the women in my family have hair that doesn't darken with age. My mum is in her 50s and her hair is still platinum blonde like it was when she was a child. Also she only has a handful of greys. My hair is only a shade darker from about 15 years ago.
    Haha the damage isn't too bad, my hairs been bathed in cactus and coconut oil every day and it's healing.