Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Arabic/Asian hair tips?

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii/iii

Question Arabic/Asian hair tips?

I don't mean to sound ignorant or anything, but Arabic and Asian women have the MOST beautiful hair. I know it's because of their genetics, but I was wondering if there was any tips anyone knows they use that anyone could try?

Default Re: Arabic/Asian hair tips?

when you say asain do you mean indain women? both arabic and indain women oil religously! but i dnt think every indain and arabic woman has healthy hair ! lol my hair is in bad shape - its not always genetics that gives you healthy hair! from experince -trail and error - its really what you eat and how you treat your hair! my hair seems to act differntly since i started oiling it agian- a different texture and elasticity/strength of the hair folicile - i think its the oiling

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by denzelswifey86 View Post
    when you say asain do you mean indain women? both arabic and indain women oil religously! but i dnt think every indain and arabic woman has healthy hair ! lol my hair is in bad shape - its not always genetics that gives you healthy hair! from experince -trail and error - its really what you eat and how you treat your hair! my hair seems to act differntly since i started oiling it agian- a different texture and elasticity/strength of the hair folicile - i think its the oiling
    Could you describe your oiling routine? Sorry I'm a little confused on exactly how oiling is done (I know it varies with person to person) but I need a basic idea, as I have never done it.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldberryHair View Post
    Could you describe your oiling routine? Sorry I'm a little confused on exactly how oiling is done (I know it varies with person to person) but I need a basic idea, as I have never done it.
    I deep treat my hair twice a week, with castor oil/coconut oil and alma - you can get alma oil in indain grocery stores its not that expensive! ( it darkens your hair though so if you dnt want darker hair stay away from the alma hair oil) i drench my hair in oils in 1 or 2 of those oils and sleep on it ! ( my hair usually takes 2 shampoo washes inorder for me to get rid of the access oil) the castor oil is thick and is best mixed with coconut to thin it down! but the alma is thin! after washing I usually style my hair with a lil castor oil on my fingers and run my fingers through it all focusing on the ends - it gives it shine and protects the ends! I've only started stayling my hair with castor oil a few months ago! I used to use alot of heat - but the castor oil workes really good calming my lil frizzies and i prefer it more now!
    since your new to oiling! You should try coconut or olive oil! they're easy to find! happy oiling!

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by denzelswifey86 View Post
    I deep treat my hair twice a week, with castor oil/coconut oil and alma - you can get alma oil in indain grocery stores its not that expensive! ( it darkens your hair though so if you dnt want darker hair stay away from the alma hair oil) i drench my hair in oils in 1 or 2 of those oils and sleep on it ! ( my hair usually takes 2 shampoo washes inorder for me to get rid of the access oil) the castor oil is thick and is best mixed with coconut to thin it down! but the alma is thin! after washing I usually style my hair with a lil castor oil on my fingers and run my fingers through it all focusing on the ends - it gives it shine and protects the ends! I've only started stayling my hair with castor oil a few months ago! I used to use alot of heat - but the castor oil workes really good calming my lil frizzies and i prefer it more now!
    since your new to oiling! You should try coconut or olive oil! they're easy to find! happy oiling!
    Thanks! I think I'm gonna try it

Length
    TBL/BSL+/CL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Hey there, I highly recommend you take a look at the castor oil thread. Almost everyone is getting great results from it. I'm Arab and while yes many of the girls here have very thick long hair, proper care is a must. Henna, olive and castor oils are the most popular in my opinion. We also like to infuse oils with various things mainly fenugreek and rosemary, but I really recommend you stick to the basics. Oiling your scalp 2x/week would be a great start. I use a dropper to oil my scalp without getting my hair messy. I do have dry scalp to start with anyway. I cowash the oil out with no problems. Bunning and covering the hair helps greatly.

Length
    20cm/55 cm/75 cm
    Type
    1b/1c/M/C/i/ii

Hi Goldenberry,
    I would like to second cleopatra18 about the benefits of using castor oil.. Also, more than genetics, definitely diet and careful handling goes a long way.. I want to also stress another point..
    There is also one more point - Being of indian origin, I know that the average quality of women's hair 5 to 6 decades ago was much higher ( I mean higher thickness, longer length as sited from external observations) than wat is observed of women in India today.. I guess this is because, back in those times, women would rarely let their hair open .. they always oiled well and braids/bun was default hairstyle for everyone.. So, defintely less damage on the lengths ... Also, back then the trend was more oilings and fewer washings.. as opposed to what is popular these days..

cherryblossom

Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii/iii

If you are interested in Indian hair care, this thread is quite helpful.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=63520

Arabic is a language. You mean Arab women, or Middle Eastern women. I think Middle Eastern women have gorgeous hair, Arab or not. Commercial shampoos are less common so there is less damage inflicted on the hair but it comes down to genetics. The additional bonus of sun protection from hijabs help, henna, no heat styling and the very rare hair dye. They do the same things most LHC people practice.

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii/iii

Thanks everyone! You've all been a wonderful help