Irish. Scotish, Native American, African american here.

For years I was stuck in trying to find the right product for my entire head. I realized after a huge 5 year shed that I had such a combination of textures. The shed let them emerge in distinctive parts of my head. So I began to try and make a one product to suit all. Did not happen. I had to except that I needed several products and routines for the different types. I have just finalized the three different regimines and product applications. It seems to be working. But who knows now that the shedding has stopped I may end up with a greater blend again and have to start from scratch.

My types are in my signature. I took this photo last year. You can clearly see how the change goes from the nape to the crown. The crown was an enemy to the lower hairs because they coiled and curled around the others causing massive tangles. It was dryer and the nape is cottony, wispy and soft.

My nape was always just gone due to knotting. My crown is slow growing and broke off. A few years ago I just told them since you can not get along then you will be separated and have worn it like that ever since. The nape grew longer then I have ever had. Now I have finally came up with the products to tend to each. So tangles are at bay and hopefully it will be able to grow with little stress and damage. We shall see.