Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Self-talk as Growth Enhancer?

Length
    9.5/16/Hip
    Type
    2c/M/i/ii

Default Re: Self-talk as Growth Enhancer?

This almost to me sounds a little crazy... but I want to try something like this! I like it. It seems like it would calm you down and relieve some stress, maybe that is how it helps with growth. I'm not too sure that is the reason it helps, but it sounds like a form of meditation in a way and stress can block hair growth (so I hear) and I know that I am always stressed about one thing or another. Thank you for sharing this! I know that I will try this!

Length
    22/38.5/42
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by A. Correira View Post
    This almost to me sounds a little crazy... but I want to try something like this!
    Yeah, I really think it sounds crazy, too. Took me a while to work myself up enough bravery to post about it. On the other hand, it just might be one of those crazy, but useful, things, right?
    Beware, the Lipstickless Bandit rides again, roaming the period-correct countryside and absconding with the kisses of all those who take her fancy!

Length
    19/hip/termi
    Type
    1a/F/ii/iii

I'll try anything! Does it matter if it's in the morning, afternoon or evening? (Promptly dashes off to chant).

Length
    Ear L/~18"/APL?
    Type
    3a/3b/F/ii

I think I'll try it. It sounds interesting, and mind can do wonderful things.

Length
    28/33/34
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

I've been trying something similar to stop my shedding but it doesn't seem to be helping a whole lot =( should try it more often though, I'm quite desperate by now >_<
    "I will never be Milo either; nevertheless, I don't neglect my body. (...) In short, we do not abandon any discipline for despair of ever being the best in it" - Epictetus

Length
    22/38.5/42
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

I think I've got proof now: my hair grows slowly until about 2010 (when I started the self-talk) and then takes off. I did a photographic retrospective to document what my hair did since 2002, and it's pretty obvious to me something changed growth-wise. http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ad.php?t=84086
    Beware, the Lipstickless Bandit rides again, roaming the period-correct countryside and absconding with the kisses of all those who take her fancy!

Length
    18/bob/n/a
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by blondie9912 View Post
    Hmm, that's interesting. Something to think about. My friends and I were talking about obsessively tracking your hair growth and thinking about hair. I said "That's probably no good for hair growth. It won't grow if all you do is think about it! Just like a watched phone never rings."
    My friend countered, saying that "If you concentrate hard enough on something, it will probably happen. A lot of things are psychological"

Definitely something to try!
    My view on this is that if you think about your hair negatively, ie "It's growing so slowly" or "I wish it would grow faster" the thinking won't do anything. Positive thinking, like "it's growing so fast" or "I just know it'll grow so much faster now that I'm taking care of it" will promote growth.

Length
    APL/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by uptosomeone View Post
    My view on this is that if you think about your hair negatively, ie "It's growing so slowly" or "I wish it would grow faster" the thinking won't do anything. Positive thinking, like "it's growing so fast" or "I just know it'll grow so much faster now that I'm taking care of it" will promote growth.
    That's a good point. I'm sure it won't do any harm to think about hair a lot, but it has to be positive thinking. I like that idea

Length
    chin/BSL/Floor
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii/iii

Hmm sounds promising. A lot of how your body reacts has to do with how you think of the situation. Dunno if that makes sense... Kinda the whole, if you believe you won't recover from something, you won't and vice versa. So I'm guessing that thinking positively can only have a positive effect on hair growth.

Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Your cerebellum or "little brain" controls all of your bodies functions. Like heartbeat, breathing, etc. I think affirmations are a way of communicating with this part of the brain. By repeating it, it's like telling you body to grow your hair faster much like you tell your body to move a limb or tell your eyes to look left or right.

Since growing your hair out faster takes longer to see results you have to keep telling it over and over. Just like if you want to keep moving your arm you have to keep telling it to move.

You wouldn't expect your arm to keep moving on it's own if you just tell it to move once. Unless you have a condition of some sort.

I think if you are clear on what you want your body to do it can be done this way. With in reason of course.

For instance I can voluntarily tell my heart to beat slower or quicker. I can also control my blood pressure. I can stop myself from shivering if I am cold and somewhat control my body temperature.

I am working on sneezing and itching right now.

If you can understand the mechanics of how something works; like trying to make your hair grow faster then I think you and your "little brain" can make it happen.

I think a more effective way to to try to make you hair grow faster would be to imagine more blood flow to your scalp. As you know blood carries the necessary nutrients to your scalp. So if you continually tell your body to kick it up a notch to your scalp, it will do it.

I realize I lack ethos here but if what I have said sounds logical to you, try it.